Live Meeting - Minimum Port Range RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to know what is the minimum port range for Live Meeting ? (exemple : for OC it's 40 to have all working)

I know the registry keys to change the range but it's not writen the Minimum port Range to have all working !

Thank you for your help !
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:17 PM

All replies

• Actually the minimum port range for media is 20 ports, not 40.  And it's the same for Office Communicator and Live Meeting.

See this article for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb964029.aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:59 PM
  • Thank you very much (and for the so fast answer) !

Just, on the documentation for OCS R2, it's written that is 40 the minimum port Range for OC.
    For client endpoints, the port range should not be reduced to the point where it can compromise the ability of the media stack to negotiate audio, video, and desktop sharing communication ports during session setup or during a call. More specifically, for an Office Communicator 2007 R2 client, the minimum port range is 40.
    Probably because there is desktop sharing now.

Last questions :
    - Assuming Live Meeting Client didn't change between OCS R1 and R2. Can I assume that the minimum port range didn't change (always 20) ? But wich port are use for Desktop/Application sharing in LM (same ?)?
    - May I need two different port range for OC and LM or can I use the same ? I think I can use the same, because when I took Audio/Video in LM it close the OC A/V but I don't know if it can create a conflict.

Thank you
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:26 PM
  • Sorry David, I should have clarified between the two versions.  Here's the documentation specific to OCS R2: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572230(office.13).aspx  You are correct that the port range was increased to 40 for the R2 client; the Live Meeting client still uses 20 ports for media.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 9:01 PM
  • No problem, thank you for your response.

Any information for this question ?
    May I need two different port range for OC and LM or can I use the same ? I think I can use the same, because when I took Audio/Video in LM it close the OC A/V but I don't know if it can create a conflict. (And between Presenter and Attendee on LM?)

:)
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:03 AM