Paging Darin Smith, MSFT RRS feed

Answers

• Issue being worked off forum.

Closing thread as answered

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Thanks for the heads up, but it seems to be a justified Block. 

I first ran the customer's Diag report thru our tool and then looked up the Activation history for the key.  It's a COA/System Builder International English version of Windows XP Home. It was activated 100 times within a 25 day period back in 2006. I assume it was blocked on the 25th day, due to hitting 100 in such a short time.

I then search the internet for the key and surprisingly I only got two hits. This forum and what appears to be a russian site. There must be other sites (probably ones not indexed by Bing), because the key was posted on that Russian site in 2007 but it would appear the key was blocked in 2006.

I've been out of the XP space for a while, is there something significant about the blocked pid that I am forgetting or am missing?

Thanks,
    Darin MS 
    Monday, August 3, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Hi Darin,

The original poster Tigjaw writes that he was the original purchaser of the systembuilder/OEM licensing kit with this product key.  He is attempting to do a clean installation on a new hard disk drive with what he thought was his exclusive PK, but the new activation was refused and when he put his old disk back into the computer it returns a Blocked PID validation status.

Assuming Tigjaw purchased a Genuine systembuilder/OEM licensing kit complete with genuine CoA and Product Key, but later on his Product Key was compromised in the same manner as this one, how would Tigjaw go about getting a replacement Product Key to continue to use his legitimately purchased XP Home OEM license?
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:22 AM
  • I purchased this Windows Home XP OEM edition, I still have the original receipt as proof. I did not share or leak my own licence key. The Product Key must have been stolen somehow..or compromised not through my own means.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hello Tigjaw,

What is the date/year of purchase, listed on the receipt? as well as the name of the places the software was purchased from?

Thank you,
    Darin
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Hello Tigjaw,

What is the date/year of purchase, listed on the receipt? as well as the name of the places the software was purchased from?

Thank you,
    Darin

Hey Darin,
    Thanks for showing an interest in this, I really appreciate it.

Date on the receipt is: 7th July 2006 bought from Overclockers UK (http://www.overclockers.co.uk).

The purchase was part of an order of several items, the order contained the majority of the items I bought to built my system. If needed I could provide an electronic form of the receipt.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 2:58 PM
  • Issue being worked off forum.

Closing thread as answered

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:21 PM