RTM latest version? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi!

I have not really understood the release notes, is the RTM the latest version? Does "Ready to market" stand for the officiell release or is the step before?

Does this include a temporary licence like the beta? I would like to upgrade soon and wonder if I have to have a licence ready before upgrading or if I can change that after installation.

Thanks for your help,

Markus

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Markus,

This link will get you the developers edition of the SpeechServer and all the language packs. It is the release version of SpeechServer. It is a fully functional version of Speech Server. If you go into production with your code, you will need to purchase a license for Office Communications Server to be legal.  Thats really all there is to it.  Kind of strange I know, but that's how it is right now.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=bb183640-4b8f-4828-80c9-e83c3b2e7a2c&displaylang=en

kstep
    Wednesday, October 31, 2007 1:22 PM
  • The link that Kstep referenced is the latest version and it doesn't have any time restrictions. The only restriction is that it can only be used for development. You will need to deal with licensing issue if you want to use it in production.

P.S. I've installed from that link several times with no problems.

Thursday, November 1, 2007 6:35 PM
  • Thanks for your help, guys!

I was confused by only finding one version to download compared to the usual developer-standard-enterprise scenario. So now we will have to get the licence sorted out before we upgrade.

Friday, November 2, 2007 7:06 AM