none
MS Money Deluxe Sunset Install Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased a new Windows 8 laptop and I am trying to load a copy of MS Money Deluxe Sunset on it.  I have downloaded the file from MS and executed it.  It appears to be loading some files and then I get a message that states "You must restart your computer before Money can continue Setup".  I restart my computer and it doesn't come back to any screen for me to continue my setup.  I have tried this several times and keep getting the same results.  I have checked this forum and done numerous searches on the internet and have not come across this particular problem.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:24 PM

All replies

• Try right-clicking the install file, and choose RunAsAdministrator.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Hi Cal Learner,

Unfortunately, I tried that and it didn't work either.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:42 PM
  • See if this helps:  set the file properties of the install file, before running it, to Compatibility: Windows 7.

That was the solution that Dick Watson posted  to a different problem.  I am not saying that it probably will help, but it seems worth a try. I don't have another idea at the moment.

Follow that with right-clicking the install file, and choosing RunAsAdministrator.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:48 PM
  • This happened to me too. I cannot find a solution. I am installing on a computer with Windows 8 (64 bit). I tried setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7. I also tried with XP SP3. After extracting the files, it says it has to restart. After restarting, it does not continue with installation.

When installation starts, it asks for my administrator password, and I input it to start the extraction. It does not ask me for my administrator password after rebooting though. Could that be the problem?

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 2:40 AM