A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 4.0

I am trying to import customization. (I customized Account entity among other things)
    I get an error:

"
    Failure: account: A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again.
    "
    Hmmm, of course ther's an Account entiy already in CRM...

Some other entities import was success.

Any ideas?
    Friday, November 7, 2008 8:32 AM

Answers

• The marked answers in this post did not resolve my issue, so I thought I would post my solution. My conflict had to do with a Saved View import duplicate key.

Solution: Open the Account XML and remove some or all of the savedquery nodes on the account entity. Then re-import the account.

<

ImportExportXml>

<

Entities

>

<

Entity>

(<Name LocalizedName="Account" OriginalName="Account">Account</Name

>)

<

SavedQueries>

<

savedqueries>

<

savedquery> <--Delete these

Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – http://www.altriva.com/AltrivaBlog.aspx
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:04 PM

All replies

• Here's what it sounds like to me:

1.  You are importing customizations for the account entity

2.  You have already customized the account entity

3.  You have already added an attribute with the same name as one that you are trying to import.

This will cause the problem.  For example, if you have a field called industry code in your import and you have already added an industry code field to your account entity in the target, this will cause the problem. 

Best bet is to remove the custom field from the target system, then do your import.  I've found that if the custom field is created from imported customizations, future imports of those customizations will work fine.

Friday, November 7, 2008 11:48 AM
  • Thanx for reply!

1.  You are importing customizations for the account entity - That's right
    2.  You have already customized the account entity  - No, i am importing it to clear installation
    3.  You have already added an attribute with the same name as one that you are trying to import. - See No2

My guess is that it's a CRM 3.0 upgraded to CRM 4.0 import to CRM 4.0 clear incompatibility issue.
    I'll hotfix source server and try again.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=948588

Friday, November 7, 2008 12:48 PM
  • Hi Grei,

I was having the same issue with a custom entity and the only way I figured out to fix it was to delete it and reimport it from scratch. 

I don't know why this happened but it did. I tried to know if any relationship or attribute made this strange behaviour to happen. What I did was to delete one relationship one by one, and every attribute one by one too, but trying to import the same custom entity between avery deletion and it never worked until I deleted the entity itself.

Finally I reimported everything again and it started to work. 

I am not happy with this solution, but it is a solution so I am posting it.

Hope this can help anybody.

Ale

Dynamics CRM Consultant
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:56 AM
  • The marked answers in this post did not resolve my issue, so I thought I would post my solution. My conflict had to do with a Saved View import duplicate key.

Solution: Open the Account XML and remove some or all of the savedquery nodes on the account entity. Then re-import the account.

<

ImportExportXml>

<

Entities

>

<

Entity>

(<Name LocalizedName="Account" OriginalName="Account">Account</Name

>)

<

SavedQueries>

<

savedqueries>

<

savedquery> <--Delete these

Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – http://www.altriva.com/AltrivaBlog.aspx
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 7:04 PM
  • Hi,

Recently I also faced the same Issue while Importing the solution it is throwing the error

"
    Failure: account: A record with these values already exists. A duplicate record cannot be created. Select one or more unique values and try again.

"

If anyone find the solution, Please Let me  know,Thanks

Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:08 PM