motherboard compatibility with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my old motherboard has just crashed an di need to buy  a new one for my WHS. any idea where i could find a compatibility list? i know that many desktop boards had issues, so i would like to be sure that the one i choose is fullt functional. i would prefer an ASUS or GIGABYTE. If any of you has a good experience with models of these manufacturers, please let me know

thanks

Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:44 PM

Answers

• I just finished building my first WHS using OEM builders software and a Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 motherboard.  It is a board that I had around from an upgrade and is around 2-3 years old.  It uses an NVIDIA chipset with an NVIDIA gigabit ethernet adapter.  I am using it with a dual core Athlon, 1 gig memory, SATA cdrom and 2 WD 1TB black SATA hard drives.  Everything runs smoothly and had zero issues with WHS installation.  Current drivers are available from Gigabyte website. 

I have also used ASUS motherboards in the past for other builds, but not for WHS.  Had nothing but good experience with ASUS boards as well.

I am extremely happy with the performance of my server so far.  I can stream video to three computers at once while copying a DVD using My Movies disc copier without the hint of a stutter on any of the clients.

Hope this helps!

• Marked as answer by fralamb Sunday, April 18, 2010 7:35 AM
    Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:16 AM