locked
Invoking a SALT application from Managed Code RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a need for invoking a SALT application from managed code. Main reason is, the SALT application was passing some data in the transfer which does not carry over properly when the transfer is done through OCS. Luckly I have some flexibility in modifying the SALT application at the periphery.

    My plan is to have the salt application pass on the data to the manage code and the managed code to initiate a BlindTransfer ( and passing along the data as name value pairs in one of the SIP URLs ).

    I think I figured most of what I need to do. Except this one: What do I need to do for the SALT application to pass the data back to the managed code application?

    Thanks very much.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 2:34 AM

All replies

  • For passing data into SALT, add items to SaltInterpreterActivity.ApplicationData before running the activity. 

    In SALT, this data is accessed from Window.applicationData.

    For passing data back from SALT to Workflow do the reverse, i.e. add it to Window.applicationData and access it from SaltInterpreterActivity.ApplicationData once the activity has completed.
    These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:56 PM
  • Thanks Anthony. I got that to work.

    Now, how do I get out of the SaltItnerpreterActivity without invoking DisconnectCall or TransferCall from the SALT Mark up. If I do not put either one there, it just hangs in SaltInterpreterActivity forever.

    To recap my objective, I want the SALT page to set the appication data and return, the SaltInterpreterActivity will finish and I will then invoke the Managed Code BlindTransfer activity to accomplish the transfer using the data that was passed in ApplicationData by the SALT page.

    Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:03 PM
  • window.close()
    These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confer no rights.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:06 PM
  • Thanks Anthony.  I figured that is the one to use before but a pilot error played interference. Your reply gave the necessary incentive to persist with it and figure it out.

    It is all working now. Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 11:28 PM