CRM2011 - Applicatin Ribbon not appearing RRS feed

• Question

• I am unclear as to how CRM updates the Applicatino ribbon.
    The following code in Site Map correctly generates a Contact entity application ribbon
    <SubArea Id="nav_contacts" Entity="contact" DescriptionResourceId="Contact_SubArea_Description" GetStartedPanePath="Contacts_Web_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdmin="Contacts_Web_Admin_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_User_Visor.html" GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook="Contacts_Outlook_Admin_Visor.html" />
    I am using filter views to provide users with easy access to sub-sets of contacts entered into the system.  My Site Map entry reads:
    <SubArea Id="nav_students" Entity="contact" Title="Students" Url="http://localhost:82/ERMCollege/main.aspx?etc=2&amp;pagetype=entitylist&amp;viewid=%7b343B33B6-884E-DD11-9C11-00215A516819%7d&amp;" />
    CRM correctly returns my selected sub-set of contacts but does not update the Application ribbon.  In fact, if the default menu option is set to my filtered sub-set then no application ribbon appears at all.
    Any direction much appreciated.
    David
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:25 AM

Answers

• Hi folks

My thanks to Oliver Cox who provided me with the following solution that worked.

He suggested that I use a relative URL rather than the literal URL and use the _root reference.

<SubArea Id="nav_ermstudents"  Entity="contact" Title="Students"  Url="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=2&amp;viewid=%7b343B33B6-884E-DD11-9C11-00215A516819%7d&amp;viewtype=1039" />

David
    • Marked as answer by David001 Monday, June 13, 2011 11:08 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi David, when you say Application Ribbon does not appear, what do you exactly mean by that ? the changes that you have made are not reflected on the ribbon bar ? Have you done ribbon customizations ? cheers
    cheers, S.Khan MCTS
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:26 PM
  • Hi Sanaulah

Apologies, I have been away for a week.

I have not customised the ribbon in any way and looking at it again I now realise that the Ribbon is being displayed in the list pane above the View Title and Search box rather that at the top of the screen.  I have not done anything with ribbons yet - is this a simple adjustment somewhere?

Thanks

David
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 1:48 PM
  • Hi folks

My thanks to Oliver Cox who provided me with the following solution that worked.

He suggested that I use a relative URL rather than the literal URL and use the _root reference.

<SubArea Id="nav_ermstudents"  Entity="contact" Title="Students"  Url="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=2&amp;viewid=%7b343B33B6-884E-DD11-9C11-00215A516819%7d&amp;viewtype=1039" />

David
    • Marked as answer by David001 Monday, June 13, 2011 11:08 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 11:08 AM