Many to many contact to Incident -Crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I  am trying to create a N:N relationship between the contact and incident.

There will be multiple contacts associated with an incident.

I should be able to drill-down from any of the customer to the incident.

Also, how do i remove/hide the existing 1:N relationship from client to incident.

I have already customized the incident with 1:N and this requirement came later in the development process.

(the initial assumption was there would be only one contact for an incident)

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:31 PM

All replies

• You can hide the 1:N relationship of the contact with the incident by customizing the Form navigation.

For this go to Customizations >> click on Case entity>>Open Case Main Form >> Click on Navigation >> select the relationship >> click Remove button.

Also you would need to remove the lookup of the “Contact” from the Incident form.

This way the related entity will not be displayed in the associated navigation view.

Also to be able to navigate and use the N:N relationship of the contact with the Incident , you would need to drag-drop the N:N relationship of contact-incident from the Relationship Explorer from the right to the left pane where all the related entities are displayed.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sam

Inogic | Blog | news@inogic.com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, June 2, 2016 11:40 AM
  • I am getting an error while removing the contact from case form "The field you are trying to remove is required by the the system or business"
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 2:21 PM