none
Problem in Undrestanding a C# program RRS feed

• Question

•     Hi Every body.

I have been learning C# in the past 2 years and as you can guess I am not too proffesional.

I think the best c# learning  way is to download the existing programs and try to undrestand them ,but I just do not know what to do when I do not undereatand a part of the program.Sometimes when you do not undrestand a program, you can not search it in the internet or find it in the MSDN because it is a personal sulotion program.Is there any way to fix this problem ,for example is there any sites to post the program for them and get a step by step tutorial(explaining the program) by them?Other than that ,I need some advice for how to improve my skills in programing.Thank you.  

Thursday, March 29, 2012 4:38 AM

Answers

• Simply looking at a program is not sufficient for learning the language. There are plenty of constructs in C# which are not "obvious", you have to study the syntax in order to be able to understand them. Once you know the language itself, examining existing programs can be useful for learning programming techniques.

Therefore, I suggest that you first study a good book or tutorial about C# (do a search on the 'net, there are plenty of them), before examining downloaded programs.

I don't know of any site where you can post a whole program and have it explained to you, but you can use the C# forums in MSDN to post a single statement or small fragment of code and ask for specific explanations about it (such as "I don't understand why this does x instead of y" -- don't expect a full tutorial about the construct that you posted).

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:08 AM

All replies

• Simply looking at a program is not sufficient for learning the language. There are plenty of constructs in C# which are not "obvious", you have to study the syntax in order to be able to understand them. Once you know the language itself, examining existing programs can be useful for learning programming techniques.

Therefore, I suggest that you first study a good book or tutorial about C# (do a search on the 'net, there are plenty of them), before examining downloaded programs.

I don't know of any site where you can post a whole program and have it explained to you, but you can use the C# forums in MSDN to post a single statement or small fragment of code and ask for specific explanations about it (such as "I don't understand why this does x instead of y" -- don't expect a full tutorial about the construct that you posted).

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:08 AM
  • Hello,

I agree with Alberto. You can post on msdn sites or forums.asp.net to understand the basics of your code.

Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:19 AM
  • thank you so much.it was helpful.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:35 AM