Generic Report for all Projects? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to generate generic reports whereas you can add them to every single project website via excel services webpart or something like that and only show the data available to the given project? Because as far as my knowledge goes at the moment I'm supposed to build a report for every single project - there must be an automatic way of doing that by actively filtering the data for the project that goes along with the project web site

Are there any resource to that topic?

kind regards Thomas

Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• I've seen PerformancePoint used for this.  You can implement custom filters
    as part of the dashboard.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

You can use Dashboard Designer to create report for the project, and use filter to show only project detail of the selected project, use the SQL as a data source and the required view to surface data. use the performance point viewer webpart on project site to view that report, save the project site as a template so that all the future projects use the same template.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 6:43 AM
  • Also, you could look at doing something clever to get the project name from the url using javascript and then passing that through to a reporting services report hosted on the project site that requires the project name as a parameter. 
    Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:11 AM
  • So there is no out of the box way (especially not with excel services) to do that.. instead you have to go the long way and pass parameters to filters?! Seems like I have to dig deeper into custom filters...

So far, thanks to all of you!

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:46 PM