MCITP Self-Paced Training Kits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, Being new to MS Certifications, I'm curious if the books / materials in the training kits
    are all that you need to pass the tests. (Of course with good study habits, ect).
    Are the books / Kit thorough? Or are other materials needed or recommended??  (other than a test server).
        Thanks!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 6:22 PM

Answers

• Hello,

In most cases the books are enough.  However you will want hands on experience as well. The books work very well to compliment this experience. Also keep in mind the books do not replace hands on experience, and it will be very hard to pass the exams without any experience. Which brings me to another point. Certifications are meant to showcase your experience and knowledge, they are not a replacement for them.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps.
    Eric
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

In most cases the books are enough.  However you will want hands on experience as well. The books work very well to compliment this experience. Also keep in mind the books do not replace hands on experience, and it will be very hard to pass the exams without any experience. Which brings me to another point. Certifications are meant to showcase your experience and knowledge, they are not a replacement for them.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hope this helps.
    Eric
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:17 PM

•    Thanks for the reply! I was just curious how good the books / kits are.
        Nothing beats experience!!

Thank you again.
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:37 PM
  • I really like the books. I use them for each of my exams.

If you need anything else feel free to ask.
    Eric
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:14 PM

•    Thanks again, thats really what I needed to know.  
    Hearing that you use these kits is good enough for me!
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:18 PM