none
New gig NIC and now no webpage access RRS feed

• Question

• ok...I have always been able to access my personl HTTPS website....figured all the port forwarding Etc.  But I added a new 10/100/100 Linksys NIC and now it gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" whether I am in my netwrok or outside of it.  It acts like the page does not exist or I am not connected to the internet.
    I have reset the router, rebooted the WHS and not sure what else to do.  If this has been covered, I was not able to find it but would appreciate a link to the topic or any other ideas?

thanks
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks all for the time to answer!  After working everyones comments, I reset the router it again (first time didn't take I guess) so it would redo the IPs.  I have a FIOS router which always is fun to work with. 

Ray
    • Marked as answer by Ray Vinson Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• Do you have a firewall on that adapter? Does it respond on port 80?
    Other options would be check your port forwarding settings, DNS server, web page setup on WHS, etc
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 11:40 PM
  • ok...I have always been able to access my personl HTTPS website....figured all the port forwarding Etc.  But I added a new 10/100/100 Linksys NIC and now it gives me the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" whether I am in my netwrok or outside of it.  It acts like the page does not exist or I am not connected to the internet.
    I have reset the router, rebooted the WHS and not sure what else to do.  If this has been covered, I was not able to find it but would appreciate a link to the topic or any other ideas?

thanks
    Can you get to the internet from the server desktop?  Are you adding a new NIC to the server (so there would be 2 total) or are you replacing the old one with the new one?  Did you check to make sure the IP address is the same as it was before (and, if not, update the port forwarding in your router)?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:06 AM
  • A new NIC = new MAC, most likely a new IP from the router.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:19 PM
  • Thanks all for the time to answer!  After working everyones comments, I reset the router it again (first time didn't take I guess) so it would redo the IPs.  I have a FIOS router which always is fun to work with. 

Ray
    • Marked as answer by Ray Vinson Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:15 PM