plz guys help in the installaiton process RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys,

I have been spending 2 days in this installitiona and still i dont get it .

My environment is : i have 2 server , one i set it up as Domain contrlloer and the other server i set it up as OSC server

the first server has Active Directory and everything that OCS2007 need .

I insert the CD and i start to install the product and i install the pre requiest succesfully (pre Schema , pre Forest , pre Domain )

the second step , i guess is to install the product on the second server , but when i put the CD there , they check for the pre requist and cnannt do nothing , i am tired guys and i dont know what to do .

Do  i have to install the product on the First Server which contain Domain controller and Active directory , or on the second server , by the way , the seconod server in the domain of the first server , when i did the ping command to check if there , it is return successfully result , and i am sure i add the second server to the domain as well

Plz any help could save me from this headache ?

if you can give me a clear step how i can do the installation successfully ?

Thank you guy ,

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

• It sounds like your setup should work. Sorry for stating the obvious, but I just wanted to check that off the list of possible things to check.

Your order is correct too, prep the schema, forest and domain and then run the isntallation on the second server. It should recognize that the prep work has been done. Does it show that step 1 has been done? I know you said the server can ping the DC, but is the 2nd server actually logged into the domain?

Also, you might want to check the documentation for more information, check the FAQs on where to get that.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:09 PM

All replies

• It sounds like your setup should work. Sorry for stating the obvious, but I just wanted to check that off the list of possible things to check.

Your order is correct too, prep the schema, forest and domain and then run the isntallation on the second server. It should recognize that the prep work has been done. Does it show that step 1 has been done? I know you said the server can ping the DC, but is the 2nd server actually logged into the domain?

Also, you might want to check the documentation for more information, check the FAQs on where to get that.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:09 PM
  •  

Thanks for replaying me, you right , the 2nd server dont logged into the domain , when i was doing ping , it connected with the first server , however i wasnt logging as a member of domain , i figured that out yesterday and now it works as i want .

Thanks again

Thursday, August 2, 2007 12:59 PM
  • Hello guyz i haved same problem with sadeq but my second server have logged into the first domain but still cannot run. So what should i do ? For your information the first server win 2003 R2 EE x64 running DN AD and Exchange 2007 Enterprise Edition  and 2nd server win 2003 Datacenter 32bit join to 1st server domain.

Thanks For your Support

Waone

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:02 AM