none
Course 10240: Continiously says: "Your lab hardware is being prepared." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I just started at a IT school in Denmark. I got a login for the it academy e-learning service from my school. During the cource 10240 i experienced some problems. When i try to load up the lab, i just get the text "Your lab hardware is being prepared." and a status bar that never finishes. I tried reloading the page numerous of times, but nothing helps me out.

Anybody got an idea what could be wrong?

Saturday, February 1, 2014 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi, Morten.

Here are some ideas for you to try.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer, then try a different web browser, such as Google Chrome. Make sure you are running this on a desktop or laptop machine - not a tablet. Try running the web browser as Administrator by right-clicking the IE shortcut and clicking "Run as Administrator".

Make sure you are not at a location (business, library, etc.) with a special firewall blocking the ports that are needed by the e-learning software.

See if any of the other labs for the course load correctly. If there was an introduction lab, run that first to install any necessary client-side plug-ins.

If none of these work, you should click the Support link or speak to someone at the school.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:24 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi, Morten.

Here are some ideas for you to try.

Make sure you are using Internet Explorer. If you are using Internet Explorer, then try a different web browser, such as Google Chrome. Make sure you are running this on a desktop or laptop machine - not a tablet. Try running the web browser as Administrator by right-clicking the IE shortcut and clicking "Run as Administrator".

Make sure you are not at a location (business, library, etc.) with a special firewall blocking the ports that are needed by the e-learning software.

See if any of the other labs for the course load correctly. If there was an introduction lab, run that first to install any necessary client-side plug-ins.

If none of these work, you should click the Support link or speak to someone at the school.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Saturday, February 1, 2014 4:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

You might also want to check to see if your system meets the hardware and software requirements. Here is the link for the requirements page for course 10240:https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/course.aspx?theme=msct&guid=295B3A7A-C257-4AF6-A960-56EAEB8F633B

Near the bottom of the system requirements tab, there is a link that can test to see if your machine meets the requirements.

I can confirm that the lab does run on my machines.

Please let us know if you are able to resolve the issues.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Sunday, February 2, 2014 3:14 AM