none
New .Net Core WebApp - Questions abound RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm a very experienced .Net (C#) designer and developer, lots and lots of experience (15 years with these technologies).

So I'm very strong with C# and .Net CLR etc, reasonably experienced with ASP.Net MVC web app but mainly from the server side, very little front end (and what I do have is primarily Razor, I don't know very much about Javascript, bootstrap and "all that stuff").

I'm now in a position to design and build a new web app which will be expected to support desktop + tablet + phone.

I'd very much like the site to be visually asynchronous (presumably SignalR is required?).

I'd very much like to have the site hosted in Azure and of course it would leverage a SQL Database.

The is a new stand alone application and I want it to look polished so I need to educate myself with HTML5, Typescript etc.

So where to start? I assume .Net Core is the obvious choice for this app since Visual Studio has much improved support for the browser side scripting and so on.

There are no "must be compatible with" stuff (other than it must be able to use Octokit to interact with Github).

I'm seeking articles, books and any advice on how to begin this, this is a completely new application and I'm free to use whatever technologies I like.

I am a mature designer and like to create well organized, neat systems, lots of reuse, clean relationships between backend models and front end scripts etc - I hate messy hacky code.

Thanks,

Cap'n

• Edited by Captain Kernel Friday, February 9, 2018 2:46 PM
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, February 9, 2018 3:48 PM ASP.NET related
    Friday, February 9, 2018 2:43 PM

All replies