none
Connecting Exchange Online Thru powershell with MFA RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, 

I have global admin account in office 365 with MFA. I download from IE and installed the exchange online module in my machine. When I ran this command 

Connect-EXOPSSession -UserPrincipalName shekinah@test.com

it shows the below error: 

New-ExoPSSession : Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : WinRM
    cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over
    the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By
    default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local
    subnet. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    At C:\Users\CPPJOJA\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\WH509PWN.OTC\RYD1C2HO.OR9\micr..tion_1975b8453054a2b5_0010.0000_10d850080358
    62c6\CreateExoPSSession.ps1:292 char:30
    + ... PSSession = New-ExoPSSession -UserPrincipalName $UserPrincipalName.Va ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [New-ExoPSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Management.Automation.Remoting.PSRemotingDataStructureException,Microsoft.Exchang
       e.Management.ExoPowershellSnapin.NewExoPSSession

My Colleague did the same method as mine but he didnt get any error like this. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:45 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:45 PM Off-topic/unanswerable
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:17 AM

All replies

• My Colleague did the same method as mine but he didnt get any error like this. Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.

This question is outside this forum's scope because this is not an end-user Office 365 support forum, unfortunately.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Please read the error message very carefully and follow the instructions in the message,

"Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message :

WinRM cannot complete the operation. Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer. By default, the WinRM firewall exception for public profiles limits access to remote computers within the same local subnet. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.

"

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Hi Shekinah,

Still looking for a solution? or this might be useful for someone who face the same issue.

This error occurs due to WinRM service not in running state. Start the WinRM service and then enable Basic authentication(This is enabled by default).

winrm quickconfig

For more troubleshooting tips you can refer Connect-EXOPSSession: Troubleshooting tips.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:31 AM
  • Hi Shekinah,

Still looking for a solution? or this might be useful for someone who face the same issue.

This error occurs due to WinRM service not in running state. Start the WinRM service and then enable Basic authentication(This is enabled by default).

winrm quickconfig

For more troubleshooting tips you can refer Connect-EXOPSSession: Troubleshooting tips.

Not a valid answer for O365 connections.  They are always available.  Please read the question very carefully vefore answering.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:36 AM