Workflow email RRS feed

• Question

• How do you dynamaically select the email recipient with a CRM wrokflow?  When I click the "TO:" button I get a list of Contacts and I can choose a specific contact but obviously I want CRM to do this for me at run time.
    ~brenden
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 3:58 PM

Answers

• Try it:

Focus in the field TO , do a click and go to the form asistant , the dynamic values able will be displayed.

Jimmy Larrauri
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:01 PM

All replies

• You should be use the form assitant in the workflow for dynamically values..

See this example...

http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/11/11/automating-task-notification.aspx

Jimmy Larrauri
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 5:49 PM
  • I can add dynaic values to the body or subject of the email using the form assistant but I can't use the assistant  to add the "TO:" recipient.  When I try to do this it just put the dynamic field in to the body text as {E-mail(Customer (Contact))}.  It does me no good in the body text.  Also I notice in the example you linked the recipient isn't dynamically being set I'm wondering if this isn't possible??

~brenden
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:45 PM
  • Try it:

Focus in the field TO , do a click and go to the form asistant , the dynamic values able will be displayed.

Jimmy Larrauri
    Tuesday, December 15, 2009 8:01 PM