Fix-it won't install its tools RRS feed

• Question

• Downloaded Fix-it because I have lost my audio output since having to re-install Windows XP Pro after my graphics card blew up and had to be replaced - which somehow corrupted Windows in its final throes.

But Fix-it will not install any of its 'tools' so it's as much use as a toffee spanner right now!

Incidentally, the only clue I have as to why the audio might be non-functional is that the 'Line Input' control has disappeared off the 'mixer' graphic.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:25 AM

All replies

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (beta) and feedback. Based on your described you said "But Fix-it will not install any of its 'tools ", do you seen any error message when you installing Fix it application? If you are not received error message would you like go to your windows event log and check what are the happed when Fix it Center installing and provide us Mr.Fix it installing details event logs?  

Below link will tell you how to view and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP please refer to: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

If I misunderstood you, please let me know. Thanks.  

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:48 AM