I need some help with Windows Media Player.... RRS feed

• Question

• I have had Windows Media Player 11 installed on my computer since the update for it came out....so needless to say I've been running it for quite some time with no problems.....then yesterday out of nowhere I started experiencing difficulties like it wasnt monitering any folders...and no matter what I did I couldnt get it to...well I was tryin to see if I could figure out why and I accidently rolled it back to Windows Media Player 10...and I have tried downloading Windoes Media Player 11 again hopeing it will work fine but I cant install it for some reason because an error message keeps poping up after i agree to the liscence agreement thing....its not a problem of validation because I click the Validate button and it goes to the user agreement step...then when i click I Accept it goes to another step where it says please wait....but then all of a sudden a box with a big red x on it intitled Windows Media Configuration Manager:

An unexpected error has occured. Setup was not able to detect any Windows Media updates. Please Try Again Later.

I am really getting frustrated at this point and I just want it to go back to Windows Media Player 11 and work fine...can someone please help me out??
    Tuesday, December 18, 2007 7:23 PM

Answers