none
Unsupported 16-Bit Application - v2.0.50727/csc.exe RRS feed

• Question

• My computer currently has Microsoft.net Framework 4.7 loaded on it.  When I boot up my computer or restart it I receive the following error message: 

Unsupported 16-Bit Application

The program or feature "\??\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact the software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available. 

I spent the better part of yesterday on the forums and used the NET Framework Repair Tool and tried several other things.  It continues to show up and am not sure what to do.  It doesn't seem to be interfering with any programs as of yet, however it's irritating that it shows up.  Anyone know how to get rid of it?  Do I need to go into the Registry and make some changes?  If so, where?

Any help would be appreciated.

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Monday, November 6, 2017 8:24 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 3:36 PM

All replies

• BTW - I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Hi Orion,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Could you please tell us when this issue happens? After installing the .Net Framework 4.7 or some other applications? there isn't any compatibility problem between the NF4.7 and Win 7 Sp1 commonly.

Please refer to this blog, try with following steps:

1. Make sure all of the setup files are in a writeable folder.
    2. Right click on setup.exe, select "Properties", under the "Details" tab check the "File Version"
    3. If the File Version is 3.x, download this file. If the File Version is 5.x, download this file
    4. Extract the setup file from the downloaded ZIP to your program setup directory, overwrite if necessary
    5. Execute the setup file we just extracted and it should launch the installer

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐 Friday, October 6, 2017 8:18 AM
    • Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:18 AM
    Friday, October 6, 2017 8:18 AM