none
DataSet in Project Now Seen as SQL Anywhere 16 Data Provider Not SQL Data Provider RRS feed

• Question

• Visual Studio 2013. Existing project is all of a sudden presenting an error on save of a DataSet.xsd. Error is "The 'SQL Anywhere Explorer' package did not load correctly."  And then I get "The custom tool 'MSDataSetGenerator' failed for SQL Anywhere 16."  This causes the icon in the Solution Explorer to change from dataset to xml.  Every form that uses a table adapter located in the dataset then throws an error.  I have no references to SQL Anywhere in my solution.  I have repaired the install of Visual Studios three times.  Tried looking thru the registry keys to see if the dll associated with SQL Anywhere somehow replaced SQL.  Have been googling the issue for several days and have gotten nowhere.  Not sure what to try next.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, April 13, 2018 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What's your project type and data source?

>>Visual Studio 2013. Existing project is all of a sudden presenting an error on save of a DataSet.xsd. Error is "The 'SQL Anywhere Explorer' package did not load correctly."

Have you install SQL Anywhere 16 or make changes for your project?

If not, create a new project and check it if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 16, 2018 8:47 AM
  • Hi YaInga,

This forum is to discuss the VS setup, but based on the error messages, it would be related to the SQL Anywhere 16, I suggest you post this issue to this forum:

https://sqlanywhere-forum.sap.com/

There you would get dedicated support. Or you could remove it, and then just use the VS, view the result. If your project have to use it, like my previous suggestion, you could discuss with the SQL Anywhere 16 members.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:51 AM