locked
Another problem with missing activity RRS feed

Answers

  • I just got the same reply as the person in the Forum Issues forum:

    This is currently a known issue with the recognition system, our team is still investigating the cause of this problem. Once the issue is resolved, the profile team should be able to rerun your activities and recalculate your points.


    Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

    • Marked as answer by Naomi N Monday, March 11, 2013 5:43 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:38 PM

All replies

  • Yes, there is still some problem: the activities listed do not reflect the activities completed; I've created several new articles on the TechNet Wiki that are still not listed.

    Bye.


    Luigi Bruno

    Monday, March 11, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Actually, the problem is worse in the Wiki. No Wiki activity has been reflected in anyone's profile for at least 8 days now. Actuall, I can't find anyone with Wiki activity in the last 10 days. That's why there is no leaderboard (except for activities over the last 30 days). In the forums, some activity is showing up in the profiles. The question is if old activities, especially answers marked, will eventually show up or get counted in statistics and points.


    Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:09 PM
  • Based on the prior experiences with the similar problems, I think it's about 25% chance that they eventually will be restored and about 75% chance that they are gone forever.

    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law


    My blog

    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Then the question becomes, should we hold off on activity, since people may not get points or credit towards achievements. Am I doing users a disservice by marking their reply as an answer now, or should I wait until I know they will get the points.


    Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Can you send an email to fissues to find out more about this problem? May be we do need to hold off a bit if there is a chance that the users will not get their deserved credit.

    If we can get a definite answer, it will be much better. Say, I lost ~1K or more during this last ordeal.


    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law


    My blog

    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:25 PM
  • I just got the same reply as the person in the Forum Issues forum:

    This is currently a known issue with the recognition system, our team is still investigating the cause of this problem. Once the issue is resolved, the profile team should be able to rerun your activities and recalculate your points.


    Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

    • Marked as answer by Naomi N Monday, March 11, 2013 5:43 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Thank you for the update, Richard.

    Cheers,

    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:44 PM