none
Deploy LocalDb Database to SQLExpress on Server RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an ASP.Net web application using Visual Studio 2017. After some initial development work which has been successfully published to my remote server, I have now added some simple database functionality. I am using Entity Framework to access a LocalDb database which was created on the initial migration.

I want to publish this new version of my project, including the new database, but can't figure out how to transfer the new database from my development computer to my server.

I had expected to be able to `Backup` my localDb database using SQL Server Management Studio (v17.2) and `Restore` the database onto the SQLExpress instance on my server but I can't see the database to perform this operation.

My development computer runs Windows 7 (64 bit) so I cannot install SQL Server Express 2016. Should I install an earlier version of SQL Server Express on my development computer and use that to host my project's database?

If I continue to use the localDb database through Visual Studio can anyone please advise how I should migrate it to my server running SQLExpress 2016?

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I recommend you open a new thread in Microsoft asp.net forum to describe your problem, thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:31 AM