none
Looking for Beta Testers for MileCharter v3.0 RRS feed

• General discussion

• The next major version of MileCharter: "MPMileCharter v3" is currently in beta testing if anyone is interesting in becoming a beta tester.

MileCharter is a batch mileage computation add-in for Microsoft MapPoint. Give it two groups of pushpins and it will calculate all route distances/travel times/costs between them. The Professional License can also perform calculation queries along the lines of "find the three closest destinations that are also with 40 minutes drive time". The product website can be found here: http://www.milecharter.com

This new version adds support for text file output, natural sort orders for pushpin names (ie. text and numbers both sort correctly), and settings for all routing options (including speeds). Most of the changes are internal and result in smoother, more efficient processing. For example, MileCharter continues to compute mileages even when it is waiting on Excel (eg. to start or respond to user interaction). These improvements will be more obvious to users with multi-core cpus, but users with older single core machines should also see some improvements.

This new version requires .NET Framework v4.0, and MapPoint 2006 (or later).

I am distributing free licenses in return for productive testing. If interested, send mea note through these forums or the contact form at the MileCharter website. Thanks!

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    Monday, March 21, 2011 1:57 PM

All replies

• Still looking for testers - MPMileCharter is nearing the end of the testing phase...

Also I now have a beta version of MPRouteWriter v3.0 ready for testing. This is a major new version of "RouteWriter" which can import/export routes in waypoint order. The export process correlates waypoints with pushpins - so writing pushpin data fields with waypoints and their distances & travel times. The import process creates routes from existing pushpins in a pre-determined order (eg. a sequence number field).

As with MPMileCharter, MPRouteWriter requires .NET 4.0 and MapPoint 2006 (or later). For both products, I am giving free licenses in return for constructive beta testing.

Thanks!

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com
    Friday, April 15, 2011 6:03 PM
  • Ok I will test it for you send me email with your contact information and I will give you a call to get more details.

email:

Alexander.s.p @

hotmail. com

Monday, April 18, 2011 11:50 PM