Security Update KB958687 Failed RRS feed

• Question

• The subject security update KB948687 failed in three trials with error code 0x8020000E through manual update. Does my WHS need this update? How can I download and install it? TIA.

Regards,
    Van

• Changed type kariya21Moderator Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:58 PM technical question
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:44 PM

Answers

• Yes. I just rebooted my WHS from setting->shutdown->restart. When WHS is running again, I perform the update and failed again. BTW, my WHS is Acer HS340. 

Did you ever resize or clone any of the hard drives in your server?  Doing a Google search seems to indicate the most common reason for that error is due to re-partitioning of hard drives.  Click here for a possible fix.
    • Marked as answer by valvhl Monday, September 14, 2009 2:19 AM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:04 PM

All replies

• The subject security update KB948687 failed in three trials with error code 0x8020000E through manual update. Does my WHS need this update? How can I download and install it? TIA.

Regards,
    Van

Logging into the server desktop is unsupported.  You should use the WHS Console to update your server.  If it's needed, WHS will install it from the Console.  If it fails from the Console as well, try rebooting your server, then checking for updates from the Console again.  If it still doesn't work, post back.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 3:58 PM
  • The reason I logged on from remote desktop to install this critical update is because the update failed when I clicked the "update now" bottom from console -> settings -> general. 

When I was in the remote desktop, I checked the update history and found the entries for the update failure initiated from the console with the source listed as "other source" and error code  0x8020000E
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:20 PM
  • The reason I logged on from remote desktop to install this critical update is because the update failed when I clicked the "update now" bottom from console -> settings -> general. 

When I was in the remote desktop, I checked the update history and found the entries for the update failure initiated from the console with the source listed as "other source" and error code  0x8020000E

OK.  Did you try rebooting your server?
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:39 PM
  • Yes. I just rebooted my WHS from setting->shutdown->restart. When WHS is running again, I perform the update and failed again. BTW, my WHS is Acer HS340. 
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 4:58 PM

Did you ever resize or clone any of the hard drives in your server?  Doing a Google search seems to indicate the most common reason for that error is due to re-partitioning of hard drives.  Click here for a possible fix.
    • Marked as answer by valvhl Monday, September 14, 2009 2:19 AM
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:04 PM
  • No. I did not rezise the system drive. However, I followed the procedure to fix the problem. And it worked! Thank you very much!
    Monday, September 14, 2009 2:19 AM