CRM 2013 Online, E-mail a Link to Gmail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using CRM 2013 Online. There is an OOB command button called 'Email a Link' in Account, Contact, Lead....  Company wise, we are using Gmail as the e-mail tool.  Every time I click the Email a Link button, it seems to try to bring up Google Chrome because it asks if allow Chrome.  Clicking on OK does open Chrome however does not open up Gmail.  Is there any configuration in CRM which can be set up to bring up the Gmail?  Thanks.

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:25 PM

Answers

• It's not hidden under the ellipses (...) menu? 

If it's hidden there as well, you could use the Ribbon Editor to copy the button from elsewhere and add it to the forms where it's missing.  That will be a bit labor-intensive, as you would need to touch all entity forms if it's missing everywhere, but that should do it as a last resort.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:07 PM

All replies

• No, there isn't.  Best bet would be to use the "Copy a link" button instead and go to Gmail manually.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Monday, February 16, 2015 7:38 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 7:38 PM
  • Hi, Wayne-

Thanks for your reply.  Your 'Copy a Link' suggestion is good, however, it is only available in view, not in entity form itself.  For instance, when there is a list of tasks, 'Copy a Link' is available in Command bar if one or multiple tasks are selected from the view.  However, after I open one task and want to e-mail this task to other users, 'Copy a Link' is unavailable.  Any thoughts?

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 4:10 PM
  • It's not hidden under the ellipses (...) menu? 

If it's hidden there as well, you could use the Ribbon Editor to copy the button from elsewhere and add it to the forms where it's missing.  That will be a bit labor-intensive, as you would need to touch all entity forms if it's missing everywhere, but that should do it as a last resort.

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:16 PM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:07 PM
  • Hi, Wayne-

Thanks.  'Copy a Link' is not available in entity form, but available in view.  Adding 'Copy a Link' to entity form is an option but don't know how difficult it would be.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 6:19 PM