none
ICE and W10 update

Question

• I have been using ICE for a long time until W10 update of 21.4.2018. It not star anymore. I unistall and i install again, do not star. Sorry for the english
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 12:52 PM

All replies

• Yep.  It looks like MS has broken ICE (v. 2.03 64 bit) with the Spring 2018 update to Windows 10.  Cannot get any compatibility setting to work.  Hope it doesn't turn into another one of those programs that MS/MS Research suddenly and inexplicably decides to abandon.
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 9:05 PM
  • After the Windows 10 update, ICE wasn't in my Start menu. I reinstalled it, and now it is working.
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:52 PM
  • A fresh or reinstalled ICE does work for stitching photos but my problem was with stitching videos - it would simply lock up and only the Task Manager could dismiss it.

FWIW, I did find the problem and was able to repair it, however.  With the Spring 2018 update, Windows Media Player was no longer operable and so I switched all media play to Cyberlink's PowerDVD 18 and removed WMP via Windows key + R --> optionalfeatures --> Media Features --> Windows Media Player (uncheck).  But apparently ICE relies on some portion of the Media Features/WMP installation and restoring it (even tho still broken) fixed ICE's video stitching ability. 

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 1:14 PM