Need suggestions please. RRS feed

• Question

•   I have a requirement where

1) If order State is set to submitted, it should be submitted to AX

2) If order is inserted with Order State as submitted, it shout be submitted to AX

3) If a case status is changed to specific value then Order should be submitted to AX.

So to implement this which is the best way, Plugin or workflow?

Can I use three steps in single plugin?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Plugin could help you to achieve these requirements. About a single plugin, yes, a single plugin with multiple steps and maybe multiple classes could handle it.

My Weblog | My Website

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Hi Prashanth,

You can refer my post as below.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/7cf0d2a7-7663-49ea-aad3-80ea6c713996

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

Please go for webservices. If you use plugin it will effect the performance of your solution.

If this helpful to you ,please vote for my answer.

thank you.

vasubabuk

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Hello Prashanth,

I would say the same as Payman said.

Yes ,write plugins on entity on which you want to integrate with AX.

Even i have done same type of thing to integrate CRM 2011 with AX 2009, and i succeeded in the same.

(1). Write Plugin on Order Entity.

(2). the same as (1)

(3). Write Plugin on Case Entity.

So go for Plugin.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Plugin could help you to achieve these requirements. About a single plugin, yes, a single plugin with multiple steps and maybe multiple classes could handle it.

My Weblog | My Website

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

Please go for webservices. If you use plugin it will effect the performance of your solution.

If this helpful to you ,please vote for my answer.

thank you.

vasubabuk

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:44 AM
  • Hello Prashanth,

I would say the same as Payman said.

Yes ,write plugins on entity on which you want to integrate with AX.

Even i have done same type of thing to integrate CRM 2011 with AX 2009, and i succeeded in the same.

(1). Write Plugin on Order Entity.

(2). the same as (1)

(3). Write Plugin on Case Entity.

So go for Plugin.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:19 AM
  •  Hi Dynamic CRM 31,  

Can you please give me some guidance on how you achieved to integrate CRM 2011 with AX 2009 , Following is my detailed requirement.

I am  developing a plugin (As you suggested)  to listen to any changes in CRM entities. when ever any change happens my plugin will fire and I will check  if the entity data is needed to push to AX.

That is fine, Now if data is valid then how will I push it to AX, as you already worked  in this scenario hope you can give me some good reference.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:09 AM
  • Hi Prashanth,

You can refer my post as below.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/7cf0d2a7-7663-49ea-aad3-80ea6c713996

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hello Prashanth,

Could you get that ?

Friday, May 31, 2013 10:41 AM
  • Thank you Dynamic CRM 21, thats really helpful

Thanks Regards Prashanth Kamasamudram Even the least work done for others awakens the power within; even thinking the least good of others gradually instills into the heart the strength of a lion.

Friday, May 31, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Its my Pleasure Prashanth.

Friday, May 31, 2013 11:06 AM