none
How can I dynamically populate a Acroform document using Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pdf document that I have converted to a Acro-Form document with text input fields where I will need to auto-populate from some source. I want a user to login in to my site from a portal with their distinct user information, either click a link or click a form button that will display a user agreement with their individual information which they will sign electronically using DoscSign. This procedure will be new to our environment and each step has presented its own unique challenges.

I have seen snippets of code while searching Google that may show how a particular step is accomplished in populating a text box in a Acroform file but nothing that tells or shows how I would populate a Acroform file from a xls file that can then be saved and sent in an email. I am not familiar with all that excel can do but I have used it to import data into a sql database or creating simple spreadsheets. I program in Coldfusion interacting with data from SQL and Access DB's. My knowledge of XL is quite limited but I do know some features.

Can someone help me learn this procedure?

Thanks,

Charlie

Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hello Charlie,

As far as I know, Excel Object Model does not provide any method to move populate data to an AcroForm document. I think your issue is more related to Adobe ColdFusion development and I would suggest you connect its support team for help. For the current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic forum. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 3:23 AM