Power Pack 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new with WHS and I keep seeing references to Power Pack 1 in the forum. How do I find this and how do I install it? Is that like a Service Pack? Doesn't WHS automatically install updates? Thanks for your help.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:09 PM

Answers

• dsosb said:

I am very new with WHS and I keep seeing references to Power Pack 1 in the forum. How do I find this and how do I install it?

It's available through Windows Update.

dsosb said: Is that like a Service Pack?

Sort of.  It adds functionality and gets rid of a nasty data corruption bug.

dsosb said:

Doesn't WHS automatically install updates?

It does if you have it set up to do it.  Otherwise just open the Console and click Update Now.  Keep doing that until it says there are no updates for Windows Home Server.  Then you will have everything including PP1.

dsosb said:

Thanks for your help.

• Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Friday, February 6, 2009 7:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lara JonesModerator Friday, February 6, 2009 7:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Friday, February 6, 2009 8:54 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Thanks very much.
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:36 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 8:54 PM

All replies

• dsosb said:

I am very new with WHS and I keep seeing references to Power Pack 1 in the forum. How do I find this and how do I install it?

It's available through Windows Update.

dsosb said: Is that like a Service Pack?

Sort of.  It adds functionality and gets rid of a nasty data corruption bug.

dsosb said:

Doesn't WHS automatically install updates?

It does if you have it set up to do it.  Otherwise just open the Console and click Update Now.  Keep doing that until it says there are no updates for Windows Home Server.  Then you will have everything including PP1.

dsosb said:

Thanks for your help.

• Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Friday, February 6, 2009 7:22 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Lara JonesModerator Friday, February 6, 2009 7:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Friday, February 6, 2009 8:54 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:21 PM
  • Thanks very much.
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Tuesday, February 17, 2009 2:36 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 8:54 PM