none
Post your Project Problems here for Solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Hey friends

Finding problems in doing your project then just post it here and i will answer yo within 5-6 hours with solution of your problem.

Please do provide a feedback if your problem gets solved or ask questions if still stuck up with same problem for more comprehensive solution next time.

Shirish Goyal

Sunday, March 4, 2007 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hey friend ..

When ever you post your problem , do define exactly where you find the problem in implemeentation.

I mean in your problem, I dont understand is there problem in loading web page or executing javascript

U can use web browser ActiveX Control and then just pass the webpage you wanna show in its url component.

it will take the javascript or vbscript built in page or in the path ..

Ask if your problem is not solved by this method or your question was different..

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:51 PM
  • hey venkat

i dont think you can use perl .. you can use it in combination with .NET only as  far as rules say .. i think..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:12 PM
  • narsimhan

for including support for javascript , you should include java handling in vb .. that will be very tedious job..
    moroever for using in vb.net , you have to include javascript in the code generation script only ..
    use like PHP .. we include al the content in string and just echo it to browser which displays it.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:14 PM
  • ya Bhavin

using Microsoft technologies is must at the core but you can use other technologies as subsidiaries.. obviously Micorosft will promote its own products and divert you ppl to its own tools and platform..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Loveleena

as our problem demands , you can create webservice in C# or vb.. which you can consume in any page.. this webs ervice will be independent can be used in page by asp.net for shopping credentials etc..

if you find problem implementing , just put your problem here .. or you want some samplecodes .. i will put here ..just post here your problems..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:19 PM

• HI Bhupendra

Class Diagram jsut shows diffrent classes like for Shopping Cart it can be Shopping Bag.
    User, Bill, Item etc.

But Solution Architecture shows the Overall Design . I mean how the different layers like Database layer or UI layer is linked together to provide final solution. I hope you got the point . Just ask in case you find problem still.
    We have to submit both in Design Phase.

Solution Architecture in fact is broad layout of your application dividing it into differnt blocks or layer and defining interaction layers between those layers.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:43 PM
  • Hey loveleena

can you specify in which part you ae facing problem. I mean samplecode for which problem??
    Dont say braod subject like Shopping Cart .. try to limit it to specific issue in language or technology.

And about ID , even I haven't got it in email.

If you get to know about it from anyone, please tell me here

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Hey narayana

as per design template , they are following IEEE approach. So in that case, Class diagrams are more important.. try to include use case diagrams for scenarios .

Also, regarding DFDs, the system has changed and people mostly include such information in high level architecture and code flow diagrams or solution architecturee more appropriately.

Also put up more screen shots as that is a requirement .. or just put a rough design of UI.

Friday, March 23, 2007 7:44 PM
  • Hi loveleena

The problem may be on the admin side.

just try for zip format only as stated.

else send a query to info@msapp.net

only they can handle such requests . or will suggest some tother method. of uploading.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:50 AM
  •  

If you are familiar with C and Java then C# will be easy for you to program. If you are a VB lover then VB.NET is the easiest one.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:26 AM
  • Hi! Karthi

I doesn't mean that your design document has passed to next stage. It means that you have successfully submitted your design document within date. That's it. Microsoft has scheduled to announce the design document results on 15th of this month. However you don't need to wait for this result. You can start your coding work. Are u clear ? Any queries ?

Regards,

Arul

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 2:48 PM

All replies

• can u say how java script vb.net windows application

i am adding a web browser in my project the project load  a webpage is loaded in webbrowser i want to control that web page using javascript or vbscript in windows application

Friday, March 9, 2007 10:33 AM
  • Hey friend ..

When ever you post your problem , do define exactly where you find the problem in implemeentation.

I mean in your problem, I dont understand is there problem in loading web page or executing javascript

U can use web browser ActiveX Control and then just pass the webpage you wanna show in its url component.

it will take the javascript or vbscript built in page or in the path ..

Ask if your problem is not solved by this method or your question was different..

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:51 PM
  • here the problem is that i am using my own web browser it does not support java script in html code itself and i like to say another here is that i want to write java script in vb.net not in html page that is the problem
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:52 AM
  • I am trying to do Project in Perl.. I ve the start up code already.. shall i carry on with it?
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 11:06 AM
  • If you are going to submit the project in MSAPP then u need to use microsoft technologies..
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:39 PM
  • hi

i have chosen shopping cart, could u please tell me how to embed the vb.net project created into the web page.

i mean if i create it in asp.net also, then how to embed it into any another already present website as the project demands, considering the database etc.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:36 PM
  • hi Lovleena,

My project is also Shoppin Cart. Did u prepare the design document ?

Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:41 AM
  • hi Binny

I havent prepared it fully , and need some help.Could u help me with some portions.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:24 PM
  • hey venkat

i dont think you can use perl .. you can use it in combination with .NET only as  far as rules say .. i think..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:12 PM
  • narsimhan

for including support for javascript , you should include java handling in vb .. that will be very tedious job..
    moroever for using in vb.net , you have to include javascript in the code generation script only ..
    use like PHP .. we include al the content in string and just echo it to browser which displays it.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:14 PM
  • ya Bhavin

using Microsoft technologies is must at the core but you can use other technologies as subsidiaries.. obviously Micorosft will promote its own products and divert you ppl to its own tools and platform..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Loveleena

as our problem demands , you can create webservice in C# or vb.. which you can consume in any page.. this webs ervice will be independent can be used in page by asp.net for shopping credentials etc..

if you find problem implementing , just put your problem here .. or you want some samplecodes .. i will put here ..just post here your problems..
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 8:19 PM
  • Please tell me difference  the class diagram  and  solution architecture?
    what is the class diagram ? which we have to submit in the design phase and also tell me about the solution architecture.
    what is the solution architecture of any project?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:08 PM
  • hi Sirish,

Can u send me some samplecodes or give the links to them

also the design document requires the team id which I havent got where would it be?(where would i find it as it is not specified in my reg mail)

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 3:07 PM

• HI Bhupendra

Class Diagram jsut shows diffrent classes like for Shopping Cart it can be Shopping Bag.
    User, Bill, Item etc.

But Solution Architecture shows the Overall Design . I mean how the different layers like Database layer or UI layer is linked together to provide final solution. I hope you got the point . Just ask in case you find problem still.
    We have to submit both in Design Phase.

Solution Architecture in fact is broad layout of your application dividing it into differnt blocks or layer and defining interaction layers between those layers.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:43 PM
  • Hey loveleena

can you specify in which part you ae facing problem. I mean samplecode for which problem??
    Dont say braod subject like Shopping Cart .. try to limit it to specific issue in language or technology.

And about ID , even I haven't got it in email.

If you get to know about it from anyone, please tell me here

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 6:54 PM
  • Thank you shrish

Please send me any example of class diagram,solution architecture,database design on iec_cs@yahoo.co.in so that i've an idea about them.
    that will help me better , and after that i can make my entry more powerful

please send it, on iec_cs@yahoo.co.in ,i'm making a project on knowledge management system !
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:29 AM
  • hi shirissh should w havee to include DFDs also o just class diagram is sufficient?
    Friday, March 23, 2007 3:32 PM
  • Hey narayana

as per design template , they are following IEEE approach. So in that case, Class diagrams are more important.. try to include use case diagrams for scenarios .

Also, regarding DFDs, the system has changed and people mostly include such information in high level architecture and code flow diagrams or solution architecturee more appropriately.

Also put up more screen shots as that is a requirement .. or just put a rough design of UI.

Friday, March 23, 2007 7:44 PM
  • hi Sirish ,

I am not able to upload the design document,

error says that file format is invalid

I have tried with doc format as well as with zipformat,

can u help me?

is it due to file size( doc size after compression is 44kb)?

or something else, Please help me ...

Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:59 PM
  • i forgot my team name from where i could get to know it

rounak

Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:26 PM
  • Hi loveleena

The problem may be on the admin side.

just try for zip format only as stated.

else send a query to info@msapp.net

only they can handle such requests . or will suggest some tother method. of uploading.

Monday, March 26, 2007 7:50 AM
  • i dont know what exactly they(ms)  want in use cases.plz tell me wat to put in use cases & use cases realizations.i m very confused.i hav my project on knowledge management system.
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:40 AM
  • plz help me n give some more information abt solution architecture
    Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:43 PM
  • can u tell me which is the most
    easy to use language for making projects?????????
    Friday, March 30, 2007 8:36 PM
  •  

If you are familiar with C and Java then C# will be easy for you to program. If you are a VB lover then VB.NET is the easiest one.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:26 AM
  • Hi,

I am working on Knowledge Management System. In the project we can allow users to upload any kind of file like pdf, doc etc. and allow them to search the Knowledge Management System for a relevent file by typing a keyword. My problem is how to search the contents of files using the keyword?

Ankur

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:29 AM
  • hai,

in my team information there is tick mark in the submission of design document.i want to know whether this is confirmation that our project design document has been passed and it is moving on to next stage.Whether i start to work on with my program code for my project..pls reply if anyone knows

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 12:07 PM
  • Hi! Karthi

I doesn't mean that your design document has passed to next stage. It means that you have successfully submitted your design document within date. That's it. Microsoft has scheduled to announce the design document results on 15th of this month. However you don't need to wait for this result. You can start your coding work. Are u clear ? Any queries ?

Regards,

Arul

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 2:48 PM