locked
Federation Problem : cannot get presense for this contact because the domain could not be found RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    We have federated with a partner.

     

    They can see our presence but we are not able to see their presence.

     

    When I add their SIP Uri, I get this message in communicator:

     

    "cannot get presense for this contact because the domain could not be found"

     

    I have added their domain and Access Edge server FQDN in the Allow List.

     

    I can telnet and do a SRV lookup of their SIP FQDN.

     

    Anyone has an idea?

     

    Regards

     

    JP

    Friday, February 29, 2008 2:43 PM

Answers

  • Actually I have solved the problem.

     

    Since our Access Edge is installed in a Workgroup, the name of the computer was "SERVERNAME" (no FQDN)

     

    I needed to had the DNS suffix to reflect our domain name : "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL"

     

    And then change the FQDN from SERVERNAME to SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL in  the Federation server box in the Global Propreties on the Access Edge.

     

    Problem solved..

     

    REgards

     

    JP

     

    Monday, March 10, 2008 1:42 AM

All replies

  • Did you add their certificate on your Access Edge server?

    I know you said you can Telnet, but which port were you using? Can you Telnet to port 5061 on their Access Edge?

    Keep in mind 5061 must be open in both directions on both firewalls for this to work.
    Friday, February 29, 2008 3:58 PM
  •  

    Yes the Certificate has been added.

    I can telnet in both direction on port 5061.

     

    So I can telnet on their Access Edge on port 5061 and we also get Telnet to our Access Edge on port 5061.

     

    Regards

     

     

    Friday, February 29, 2008 4:42 PM
  • Check if the address that you are adding is the exactly SIP Address.. you can found different SIP than the external domain SIP: user@xyz.nt.com and external domain xyz.com...

     

    Regards,

     

     

     

    Monday, March 10, 2008 1:37 AM
  • Actually I have solved the problem.

     

    Since our Access Edge is installed in a Workgroup, the name of the computer was "SERVERNAME" (no FQDN)

     

    I needed to had the DNS suffix to reflect our domain name : "SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL"

     

    And then change the FQDN from SERVERNAME to SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.LOCAL in  the Federation server box in the Global Propreties on the Access Edge.

     

    Problem solved..

     

    REgards

     

    JP

     

    Monday, March 10, 2008 1:42 AM