Links from profile to posts & search forum member RRS feed

All replies

• Actually, if you click on the user name there is a "XXX's Threads" link in the banner near the top left of the page. Alternatively, if you select Browse Users, you can Find User By Name and there is a View Threads link for each user from there. The Browse Users search does support a wild card * at the end.

HTH
    Rob J, Forums Dev
    Monday, March 3, 2008 10:25 PM
  • That is a nice feature.

Now to be able to set an Alert on the User as well as the thread.

Sometimes, it is useful to follow a specific user.
    If the user is exemplary, I may wish to read everything he/she posts.
    Othertimes, as a Moderator, I may need to track a users participation -either to validate that he/she deserves having an 'upgraded' status -perhaps even being promoted to a Moderator, or in some situations, mentor the user about better and more appropriate ways to interact with the Forums.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 4:17 PM
  • Once you are in the "XXX's threads view", you can subscribe to an RSS Feed for that user. While this may not be as convenient as the alerts, it can be done now. And of course we'll definitely be looking at ways to enhance the alerts functionality in future releases.

Keep the great suggestions coming!

Rob J, Forums Dev
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 5:38 PM
  • Rob,

Thanks for the info on the RSS feeds by User name.

I will still prefer an Alert be made available on the User level -as well as the thread level.
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 2:17 AM