data analysis view problem RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day!

in my project web access (PWA) i can create now a cube in my server with the use of PWA 2007.

my problem is i tried to publish a project before after publishing the project i can view the project in data analysis but now once i add and publish a project it wont come out in the data analysis but in the project list i can see the name of my project. why it wont come out?

thanks

best regards,

jef

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you sufficient rights to all the 4 databases?

have you created your own cube? How?

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 1:20 PM
  • Hello jef

I am having a hard time understanding what your question is.  Can you restate it. Please proof read to make sure it is clear.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Jef,

The Project Center will show your new project or any updated data as soon as you publish. The project and any updated project data won't be visible in the cube until you have reprocessed the cube. To do so, go into Server Settings and do an on demand cube processing, or update the frequency of your cube processing to be more frequent.

Hope this helps,

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    • Proposed as answer by msp admin Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:49 PM
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 10:18 PM
  • Hi Jef,

I presume you want to see the Project in the Cube, but you cant? If this is the case you will need to rebuild your cube. An OLAP Cube is a process database meaning that the only once you process the cube you will see the latest data. The cube generally builds automatically based on the settings you give it in the Server Settings. You can determine when the cube needs to rebuild. You can find the setting under "Server Settings > OLAP Database Management"

Hope this helps

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:57 PM
  • there's no problem in my cube and i can view the title of my project in the list of projects in data analysis but graphs are not showing. if i only choose or put check in checkbox so it will only show one project it doesnt show anything even the name of project. i already published it at rebuild the cube after published.
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:19 AM
  • Hi there,

What cube are you looking at, MSP Portfolio Analyser? Do you have any assignments on the project? If not, please add an assignment, publish the project then build the cube and retest.

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:41 PM