Use Live One care backup with MSE RRS feed

• Question

• I use windows XP and undestand there are problems with XP backup, Since I have been very happy with one care can I turn off the virus part , install MSE, and continue to use one care for backup?

Thanks

Tom

Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding this, since windows live onecare will be discontinued you will no longer install/activate onecare. after your subscription expired with onecare, onecare will not be useful you can uninstall it and install MSE.

I'm not advising you to turn off the virus and spyware protection of onecare and install MSE because they are the same antivirus software they might conflict to each other.

For the backup purposes you can get a third party software to backup your files.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding this, since windows live onecare will be discontinued you will no longer install/activate onecare. after your subscription expired with onecare, onecare will not be useful you can uninstall it and install MSE.

I'm not advising you to turn off the virus and spyware protection of onecare and install MSE because they are the same antivirus software they might conflict to each other.

For the backup purposes you can get a third party software to backup your files.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:03 AM
  • When your OneCare subscription ends, you will need to uninstall OneCare as it will cease to protect the PC and you will no longer have the ability to use any of the other features of OneCare.

You will be able to restore from older OneCare backups if you need to, by installing the OneCare Restore Tool - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarebackupandrestore/thread/e5d686c8-762b-4b22-bc08-bfb93f911e57

You will need to select a 3rd party backup program for backups. XP Backup is functional, but it may or may not serve your needs. It is not as easy to set up as the OneCare backup.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:06 AM
  • thanks
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:32 AM
  • thanks
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 1:32 AM