WARECE.A Trojan RRS feed

• Question

•  

OneCare keeps trying to eliminate the Warece.A trojan but as soon as it removes it, the virus is deteted again.

I have run OneCare from safe mode and the threat returns.

does anyone have any solutions?

Thank you

Saturday, December 29, 2007 8:36 PM

Answers

• I suspect that the threat may be located in your System Restore points. To find out where the threat resides, open OneCare, click on change settings, go to the logging tab and click create a support log. In the report that loads in IE, scroll down to the virus and spyware section. If it is in your restore points, disable System Restore and enable it once again to delete all restore points. Note that doing so means that you will be unable to use System Restore to return to a point before you deleted the restore points.

Alternatively, contact OneCare support for help with removal.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve
    Monday, December 31, 2007 4:17 AM

All replies

• I have searched the internet for hours trying to find information about this trojan. There is very little information. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Microsoft seems to have very little information and has provided very little support on this issue.

Thank you

Sunday, December 30, 2007 12:51 PM
  • I suspect that the threat may be located in your System Restore points. To find out where the threat resides, open OneCare, click on change settings, go to the logging tab and click create a support log. In the report that loads in IE, scroll down to the virus and spyware section. If it is in your restore points, disable System Restore and enable it once again to delete all restore points. Note that doing so means that you will be unable to use System Restore to return to a point before you deleted the restore points.

Alternatively, contact OneCare support for help with removal.

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

-steve
    Monday, December 31, 2007 4:17 AM