CRM Diagnostics - The quality of the network connection is poor RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am getting the above error when I run the CRM Diagnostics tool. Does anyone know what kind of tests it does to decide that the error should be shown? I can't find any specific details on what causes the error to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,

Alex

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 5:35 PM

Answers

• What I have seen is it typically is related to high latency between the client and the CRM server.   I would start by doing a simple ping test e.g ping <mycrmservernamehere>  and see if your seeing times that are high.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 6:43 AM
  • We are getting the same warning although when I ping the server the reply time starts at around 30ms and drops to < 1ms after a few pings. I'm actually investigating Outlook 2003 crashing regularly on all clients who had CRM add-in installed (those that have the offline client installed crash as well), so I'm looking at the warning messages generated by the diagnostics tool and this is the only one I've seen. Do you experience the Outlook crashes as well?

A quick update:

While I was investigating the Outlook issues I stumbled upon this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951146/en-us

I enabled the anonymous access as described in the article on the crm website and the client diagnostics tool doesn't display the network connectivity warning message any longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from the users regarding the Outlook crashes but at least the diagnostics are all OK.

Hope it helps others.

Regards,

Bruno

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:32 PM
  • We have solved our network warning issue. It does not appear in the diagnostics any more. We have two subnets configured. Once I attached a NIC to each subnet, there are two NICs in the server, the warning went away. However....we do have one client crashing. I believe it is user error though as they are the ONLY client having issues.

We ended up scrapping the client with off-line access. The laptops just could not handle the CRM and SQL server. We made our CRM available via the interent using the IFD Tool (Internet Facing Deployment) and now our users are not having any issues conencting to the CRM from home or mobile.....except the one user mentioned above.

Regards,

R Reid-Smith

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:22 PM

All replies

• it means there are some problem of network as diagnostic tool also see network connection .

you can skipp this

REgards,

Imran

msn : mscrmexpert@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks, I know its a network problem I was looking for details on what kind of network problems it looks for so we can check our network and see if we can fix it. I assume the diagnostic tool does a few basic tests. Anyone know what they are?
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:25 PM
  • What I have seen is it typically is related to high latency between the client and the CRM server.   I would start by doing a simple ping test e.g ping <mycrmservernamehere>  and see if your seeing times that are high.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 6:43 AM
  • Dave is right, had the same warning and It was a latency problem (resolved by the client admin) not sure what was causing it.

Anyhow I traced down the issue and found out that MS making WhoAmI requests to the server to check response times.

If I remember correctly before the problem was fixed the ping took well over 100 milliseconds per call.
    After the fix I was told it fell well under 50ms.

Consider that a web service call costs more then your ping, but Dave’s suggestion is the right place to start:

“Ping [CRM Server] –t”

Hope this helps
    Adi

Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:55 PM
  •  

We are getting this same warning on our Outlook clients. I have run ping and traceroute and get 1ms rates no matter which IP I test to. I would think it's just a flakey warning but we do have issues with client slowness. I will check for the process mentioned above but I wanted to see if anyone else had come across any other issues.

Thanks in advance,

R Reid-Smith

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:34 PM
  • We are getting the same warning although when I ping the server the reply time starts at around 30ms and drops to < 1ms after a few pings. I'm actually investigating Outlook 2003 crashing regularly on all clients who had CRM add-in installed (those that have the offline client installed crash as well), so I'm looking at the warning messages generated by the diagnostics tool and this is the only one I've seen. Do you experience the Outlook crashes as well?

A quick update:

While I was investigating the Outlook issues I stumbled upon this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951146/en-us

I enabled the anonymous access as described in the article on the crm website and the client diagnostics tool doesn't display the network connectivity warning message any longer. I'm still waiting to hear back from the users regarding the Outlook crashes but at least the diagnostics are all OK.

Hope it helps others.

Regards,

Bruno

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:32 PM
  • We have solved our network warning issue. It does not appear in the diagnostics any more. We have two subnets configured. Once I attached a NIC to each subnet, there are two NICs in the server, the warning went away. However....we do have one client crashing. I believe it is user error though as they are the ONLY client having issues.

We ended up scrapping the client with off-line access. The laptops just could not handle the CRM and SQL server. We made our CRM available via the interent using the IFD Tool (Internet Facing Deployment) and now our users are not having any issues conencting to the CRM from home or mobile.....except the one user mentioned above.

Regards,

R Reid-Smith

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:22 PM