none
No connection to HeadNode (HPC Pack 2016) RRS feed

• Question

• I run a new installation of HPC Pack 2016 U2 with fixes (Server OS: 2012R2, HPC Pack 5.2.62.91.0) on my HeadNode.

When I try to connect from my client pc (not domain joined) to my HeadNode with HPC ClusterManager I got the following error:

The connection to the management service failed. detail error: Microsoft.Hpc.RetryCountExhaustException: Retry Count of RetryManager is exhausted. ---> Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.StoreException: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: findValue, inner exception: Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein.
    Parametername: findValue
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRemoteStore.ThrowStoreException(Exception e)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRemoteStore.<ConnectAsync>d__58.MoveNext()
    --- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
       bei System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRemoteStore.CheckConnection()
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRemoteStore.<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<QueryDocuments>b__0()
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRetry.<>c__DisplayClass4_0`1.<InvokeWithRetry>b__0()
       bei Microsoft.Hpc.RetryManager.<InvokeWithRetryAsync>d__33`1.MoveNext()
       --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
    --- Ende der Stapelüberwachung vom vorhergehenden Ort, an dem die Ausnahme ausgelöst wurde ---
       bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Store.SdmRetry.InvokeWithRetry[T](Func`1 function, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.ModelDocuments.LoadAllDocuments()
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.DefinitionSpaceView.TryResolve(String simpleName)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.ModelDocuments..ctor(Model model)
       bei Microsoft.SystemDefinitionModel.Model.InitializeModel()
       bei Microsoft.ComputeCluster.Management.ClusterManager.ConnectCore(Model model)
       bei System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       bei Microsoft.Hpc.RetryManager.<>c__DisplayClass34_0.<<InvokeWithRetryAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
       bei Microsoft.Hpc.RetryManager.<InvokeWithRetryAsync>d__34.MoveNext()
       bei Microsoft.ComputeCluster.Management.ClusterManager.<ConnectAsync>d__90.MoveNext()
       bei Microsoft.ComputeCluster.Management.ClusterManager.<ConnectAsyncWithModel>d__89.MoveNext()
       bei Microsoft.ComputeCluster.Management.ClusterManager.<ConnectAsync>d__87.MoveNext()
       bei Microsoft.ComputeCluster.Admin.ConnectionManager.<ConnectManagementService>b__10_0(Task`1 t)

My client is on Windows 10 1809. I added like in 2012R2 my credentials to the store. The connection fails from inhouse enterprise network and from VPN.

Please help.

Thanks,

Thomas

Saturday, March 2, 2019 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is your Headnode domain joined? 

What does it mean? Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein

As your client is not domain joined, you need import the cert with private key under CurrentUser\My so that to have the client to use the cert to connect to the cluster.

Qiufang Shi

Sunday, March 3, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

the Headnode is domain joined. My Client OS is in German. "Der Wert darf nicht NULL sein" means "The value can not be NULL". I installed the Cluster Manager "Skip both CN and CA validation". I try to install it with CN and CA validation.

P.S.: With CN and CA it now works. Thank you very much.
    • Edited by YoDommo Sunday, March 3, 2019 2:19 PM
    Sunday, March 3, 2019 10:19 AM