Are these sites authorised to sell office product keys? RRS feed

• Question

• I wanted to buy the latest version of ms office online. When I google I landed on this site: http://www.office2007key.com/

They claim they only sell the key (not a software) because I may be having a trial version installed or I may simply need another license for another machine. They also claim that the license key are legitimate from Microsoft. Is this information true or I may be in for a scam?

Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:17 PM

Answers

• "wakwehu01" wrote in message news:c0562cb0-3240-4082-8d5c-5f4920e75aa5...

I wanted to buy the latest version of ms office online. When I google I landed on this site: http://www.office2007key.com/

They claim they only sell the key (not a software) because I may be having a trial version installed or I may simply need another license for another machine. They also claim that the license key are legitimate from Microsoft. Is this information true or I may be in for a scam?

'touch' and 'barge-poles' come to mind - NO IT's NOT a legal vendor of MS software (or probably anything else!)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:40 PM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:10 PM

All replies

• "wakwehu01" wrote in message news:c0562cb0-3240-4082-8d5c-5f4920e75aa5...

I wanted to buy the latest version of ms office online. When I google I landed on this site: http://www.office2007key.com/

'touch' and 'barge-poles' come to mind - NO IT's NOT a legal vendor of MS software (or probably anything else!)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:40 PM
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 8:10 PM
  • Hello wakwehu01,

It is our understanding that there are only three places a general retail consumer can make a legitimate digital-delivery purchase of a genuine stand-alone product key for Office 2010.  Those places are Microsoft's online store, Dell's online store, and HP's online store.  (Microsoft's online store is fulfilled/administered by Digital River.)

We can absolutely, positively tell you that there are NO eBay or Amazon Marketplace sellers authorized to sell you any sort of digital delivery Microsoft products.

Looking at the site you mentioned, the company claims to have their address on Branson Rd in Dodge City, KS.  Well if there is a Branson Road in Dodge City, it's news to Google maps.  It's also very clear that the writer of the web site is not a native English speaker, casting further doubt on their implication that they are US based.

IMHO a total scam.

Friday, December 31, 2010 2:21 PM