Help with Sync Framework App. C# RRS feed

• Question

• EDIT: It won't let me add a Link yet for some reason...I'm trying to figure it out, but I can email the link. I'm trying to get my Windows Live fixed I guess.

I posted this to the Main MSDN Forums, not noticing a Sync Framework Forum already:  

We can't use SyncToy because we have to submit the source code to have it legal. I tried to use the samples to do the same thing, but I think I've gotten myself in over-my-head.  However, source/destination need to be hardcoded to be a source folder on a network share (five of them) and destined for a USB hard drive.  The other forum entry has the code, and some contact info.  

If you're remotely interested, you can contact me for more info, i'd even share the Team Foundation link if that helps. This is NOT for homework, school, my job, or any kind of profit.  Its actually just a couple of military guys trying to get an app to do what we need to get our job done, but not in this field at all. 

Thank You,

TSSRShot-at-icloud-dot-com

bryan dot allebone at yahoo dot com

• Edited by TSSRShot.2 Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:57 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:33 PM

All replies

• you might want to post the actual issue you're encountering.
    Friday, May 31, 2013 4:07 AM
  • June, Thanks!  Sorry, I got stuck trying to figure out why I couldn't post links here, but I can in the primary forum. 

So the App is based on an example from IvorB on his site: blogs.charteris.com/blogs/ivorb/archive/2010/07/05/sync-framework-2-0-series-part-1-using-the-file-sync-provider.aspx

The problem I am having with it (among many to get it perfect) (BTW, //social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/46697ce0-f828-480f-b83b-688439471cd5 is MY original thread.) is that the progress bar doesn't appear to work exactly well.  Some times, one a sync where the destination is empty, it seems to go all the way to 100%, but other times I get the messagebox with the stats for complete, but the bar is only 50%

Additionally, I can't describe it, but I would love to have someone tell me if I can start more than one sync (three different network file server sources, to one USB drive (still three seperate folders) asyncrounously.  Can I start them in a Worker for threads through the Async/Wait. I just haven't seen a good example where I can draw parallels.

Thanks!

Friday, May 31, 2013 12:40 PM
  • you might want to review which event you're subscribing to enable progress update.

you can't have concurrent sync sessions, but if you can isolate each sync to its own thread, then i think that should be fine.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 8:35 AM