none
Changing my email address RRS feed

• Question

• My login to this forum uses an email address that has been defunct for several years. I've tried changing the email address, but I never receive the confirmation email that I have to have to complete the change. How can I permanently change my email address so I get notifications and can find out what's going on with my posts?
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 2:06 PM

Answers

• Depending on how you receive mail, I would look for a junkmail/spam folder. Sometimes the ISP's filters have false positives. Even if you normally receive mail via POP3 to a real email program, try logging in to your webmail and look there for such a folder.

If you find non-spam in the spam folder, read on their site as to how to handle that. Sometimes you can mark an email as not junk. Sometimes you might want to add the sender to the address book within the webmail to indicate that messages from that sender is not junk. A forum specific to your ISP will probably give you some good guidance if that is the problem.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:08 PM
  • There's also a process to change the Live ID email associated with your profile account. Ping me and I'll send you a link to that Wiki article. Thanks! 

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:52 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Depending on how you receive mail, I would look for a junkmail/spam folder. Sometimes the ISP's filters have false positives. Even if you normally receive mail via POP3 to a real email program, try logging in to your webmail and look there for such a folder.

If you find non-spam in the spam folder, read on their site as to how to handle that. Sometimes you can mark an email as not junk. Sometimes you might want to add the sender to the address book within the webmail to indicate that messages from that sender is not junk. A forum specific to your ISP will probably give you some good guidance if that is the problem.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:08 PM
  • There's also a process to change the Live ID email associated with your profile account. Ping me and I'll send you a link to that Wiki article. Thanks! 

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:52 AM
    Owner