Disable Duplicate Detection? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all:

I am trying to disable Duplicate detection, but when I try I get a message "Duplicate detection cannot be disabled because a duplicate detection job is currently in progress." However I have searched all current system jobs and do not see any duplicate detection jobs running, does anyone know where else I should look? I also tried disabling the individual workflows but got the same message...

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

John.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi 

Stop the asychronous service and try to disable the duplication detection. then start the asynchronous service again.

If it does not work.

• Have a look at the asyncoperation table in database.
    • look for duplicate detection job you are interested in.
    • check the status of that job.

if anything is still running delete that job and try to disable the duplicate detection.

here is the list of status codes

AsyncOperationStatus Class (CrmHelpers)

This class specifies the integer flags to set the asyncoperation.statuscode property. Although the property may accept any value, these are the valid values.

This class does not need instantiation or initialization because the fields represent constant integer values. These values are intended to be used when setting entity property values.

The AsyncOperationStatus class exposes the following members.

Field Value Description
    Canceled 32 Specifies that the asynchronous operation was canceled.
    Canceling 22 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is being canceled.
    Failed 31 Specifies that the asynchronous operation has failed.
    InProgress 20 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is in progress.
    Pausing 21 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is pausing.
    Succeeded 30 Specifies that the asynchronous operation has succeeded.
    Waiting 10 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is waiting.
    WaitingForResources 0 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is waiting for resources.

I hope it helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Monday, October 25, 2010 12:20 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Try to restart the asynchronous service.

I hope it helps

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 3:36 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I should have noted that I tried to restart the service several times, but no joy. I even tried a full reboot of the server and tried to disable as soon as the server restarted, but that didn't work either. Somehting strange is going on...I tried this on another server and it worked fine.
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:45 AM
  • Hi 

Stop the asychronous service and try to disable the duplication detection. then start the asynchronous service again.

If it does not work.

• Have a look at the asyncoperation table in database.
    • look for duplicate detection job you are interested in.
    • check the status of that job.

if anything is still running delete that job and try to disable the duplicate detection.

here is the list of status codes

AsyncOperationStatus Class (CrmHelpers)

This class specifies the integer flags to set the asyncoperation.statuscode property. Although the property may accept any value, these are the valid values.

This class does not need instantiation or initialization because the fields represent constant integer values. These values are intended to be used when setting entity property values.

The AsyncOperationStatus class exposes the following members.

Field Value Description
    Canceled 32 Specifies that the asynchronous operation was canceled.
    Canceling 22 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is being canceled.
    Failed 31 Specifies that the asynchronous operation has failed.
    InProgress 20 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is in progress.
    Pausing 21 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is pausing.
    Succeeded 30 Specifies that the asynchronous operation has succeeded.
    Waiting 10 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is waiting.
    WaitingForResources 0 Specifies that the asynchronous operation is waiting for resources.

I hope it helps.

Monday, October 25, 2010 12:20 AM
  • Hi,

Did you ever found a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue and stopping the service doesn't make any difference. Looking in the AsyncOperations table doesn't give any clues either since the status of the job is 30 - Succeeded.

Steen Schlüter Persson (DK)
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 1:28 PM