none
Network Administrator.............corridor(no fee)entry free RRS feed

• Question

• hello guys,

Its time to know many thing abt network ,,,how it is made and how it should be monitored,,,,,,,
    U can post ur query here and i come soon with some most freeware that meets ur need...COME BACK........
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 4:30 PM

Answers

• hello friends ........get back to know more and post more query
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:11 PM
  • hello Narasiman,,

U should be more clear ,,,,,,,U want to monitor ur internet activities or if any network at ur home..........I don't think that ur talking about official network..
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:14 PM
  • Improve and maintain internet network at ur doorstep:

*If u have internet connection through any telephone service then go for a new telephone wire.There should be any tape winding.This help u to maximize the available bandwidth.

*See to that ur network adapter is upto ur bandwidth.....

*I recommend u using ethernet for internet access and not through USB..USB respond very slowly even if u have large bandwidth connection..

*Never keep ur adapter connected all the time .......disconnect it when ever ur ideal..

*If u have xp then u have inbuild firewall ......but i recommend using third party tool ..
    especially zonealarm (only firewall).

monitoring :
    Even if u have unlimited internet access ...I recommend u to use a tool to monitor ur upload ad download ........This help u to know that whether any adware or trojan gaining ur internet access(use DU meter)
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:29 PM

• nearby computer :
    jjk_charles have u tried connecting any external device to ur computer.......
    If u have done anything like then u have the answer...here instead of a any external drive u are using a near by computer ......U may say that both cannot be connected directly ..Yes u need a tool

• Ethernet - the current standard technology and the one used by most businesses; links computers via special cable and a device called a hub.
    • HPNA (home phoneline network adapter) - links computers via existing household telephone wiring.
    • Wireless - links computers without wiring, by using radio signals.
    Use any of the above network type ..Ethernet or using USB is easy and very much available..u need only a cable ..

far computers :

in this case u need a internet service provider to for a network....and to connect to ur friend u need to know ur friend ip.......use ipconfig command in cmd to find ur ip.......

See to that ur friend sets the option that 'this computer can be accessed by remote computer '..

try out reply........

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:48 PM
  • Ranjeeth first use a software to monitor ur upload and downlaod (recommend DUmeter)
    U can use software to know which application is trying to access internet ....(recommend Cport)
    This software looks at ur port and traces the app..

Never forget to use a firewall........protect ur secrets..........(ZoneAlarm best).....
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:52 PM

All replies

• hai can u tell how to maintain a network and mointer the network
    Monday, March 12, 2007 9:24 AM
  • can u  explain me the basics involved in the interconnection of two systems...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:22 PM
  • hi,i am interested in this topic,,so can u explain me what should i do in order to hav a effecient monitor on the network...pls tell me 4m the basics as i am new to this topic/......
    Monday, March 12, 2007 6:54 PM
  • hello friends ........get back to know more and post more query
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:11 PM
  • hello Narasiman,,

U should be more clear ,,,,,,,U want to monitor ur internet activities or if any network at ur home..........I don't think that ur talking about official network..
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:14 PM
  • Improve and maintain internet network at ur doorstep:

*If u have internet connection through any telephone service then go for a new telephone wire.There should be any tape winding.This help u to maximize the available bandwidth.

*See to that ur network adapter is upto ur bandwidth.....

*I recommend u using ethernet for internet access and not through USB..USB respond very slowly even if u have large bandwidth connection..

*Never keep ur adapter connected all the time .......disconnect it when ever ur ideal..

*If u have xp then u have inbuild firewall ......but i recommend using third party tool ..
    especially zonealarm (only firewall).

monitoring :
    Even if u have unlimited internet access ...I recommend u to use a tool to monitor ur upload ad download ........This help u to know that whether any adware or trojan gaining ur internet access(use DU meter)
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:29 PM

• nearby computer :
    jjk_charles have u tried connecting any external device to ur computer.......
    If u have done anything like then u have the answer...here instead of a any external drive u are using a near by computer ......U may say that both cannot be connected directly ..Yes u need a tool

• Ethernet - the current standard technology and the one used by most businesses; links computers via special cable and a device called a hub.
    • HPNA (home phoneline network adapter) - links computers via existing household telephone wiring.
    • Wireless - links computers without wiring, by using radio signals.
    Use any of the above network type ..Ethernet or using USB is easy and very much available..u need only a cable ..

far computers :

in this case u need a internet service provider to for a network....and to connect to ur friend u need to know ur friend ip.......use ipconfig command in cmd to find ur ip.......

See to that ur friend sets the option that 'this computer can be accessed by remote computer '..

try out reply........

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:48 PM
  • Ranjeeth first use a software to monitor ur upload and downlaod (recommend DUmeter)
    U can use software to know which application is trying to access internet ....(recommend Cport)
    This software looks at ur port and traces the app..

Never forget to use a firewall........protect ur secrets..........(ZoneAlarm best).....
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:52 PM
  • What are ports.........?
    Friday, March 23, 2007 3:01 PM
  • My network works slow how to improve...
    Friday, March 23, 2007 3:02 PM