How to recover files with Flash or thumb RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to recover a missing account from the regular backup on my computer.  I also do backups with a Flash or thumb.  How do I recover from the Flash that does external backups?
    Monday, May 20, 2019 5:08 PM

All replies

• Make sure Money is installed on the computer. Close Money if open.

Copy the latest two *.mbf files from the flash drive to the Documents folder of the computer. Right-click the latest *.mbf file, and choose Open. That should launch Money. During the process, when it asks where to restore to, I would Browse to your Documents folder, and type in a new name.

Once inside, if this is a new computer or new install, set the upon-exit backup to back up to the documents folder. The old backup place may not exist on the new install/computer.

If the newest backup does not work for you, use the second-newest backup.

Monday, May 20, 2019 7:14 PM
  • how do I copy the two mbf files from the flash drive.    I have had the flash drive for many years and never had to use it.  One time, when my computer crashed, all I had to do was recover my files from the hard drive and it worked.  This time, when I try that, it says the file is corrupted.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:50 AM
  • Insert the thumb drive into a USB port.  Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the drive.  Open a second Widows Explorer window and navigate to a folder you have "write" access to, such as "my documents."

Using the mouse, click on the file on the thumb drive.  While holding the mouse button down, drag the file to the destination folder in the other window.

Friday, June 7, 2019 1:03 AM