backup file names RRS feed

• Question

• When I look at the files on my external harddrive that have been backed up from my PC they have uninformative name like backup files 1, backup files 2, etc.  Is there a way so when they are backed up the file names go with them?

Thursday, October 2, 2008 6:02 PM

Answers

• If you use the restore wizard in OneCare, selecting a custom restore, you can view, albeit in a rather difficult view to navigate, and search for files that have been backed up and are available to restore. Also, if you configure backup, the plan settings will show you what files and folders are selected for backup.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:21 PM

All replies

• wjs2,

Thank you for visiting the OneCare Program forums.

The backup file names you are seeing is normal.  It should be the zip files of the backup's that were done previously.

If I understand correctly,  you can go through OneCare Backup and Restore to restore the entire backup or files within

the backup files folder.

Launch OneCare, In the Backup and Restore area, click Restore files, click Restore files form a local backup

You can also right click on the OneCare icon and click on "Get Help and Help Center" and type in restore and

search for FAQ's on restoring files using OneCare's Backup.

I hope this helps,

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:13 PM
  • I just want to know what are the anmes of the files I ahve already backed up. 

Why

Why can't you edit words on this Message screen?  can't select and delete
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 10:19 PM
  • Friday, October 3, 2008 11:53 PM
  • If you use the restore wizard in OneCare, selecting a custom restore, you can view, albeit in a rather difficult view to navigate, and search for files that have been backed up and are available to restore. Also, if you configure backup, the plan settings will show you what files and folders are selected for backup.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:21 PM