MonaRonaDona RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pop up that regarding MonaRonaDona indicating it is a virus on my computer to protest Human Rights Violations.  Live OncCare isn't picking it up?  Anyone else have this problem?

Friday, February 29, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

• NEVER download executables and DON'T pay any money to anyone to get this problem resolved.  Despite what anybody says (the people that did this are actually posting responses to my postings as if I am wrong!) read the following carefully and check your machine to confirm that I am right.  Fix once you have confirmed what I describe below.

Despite lack of information on the Internet, I was able to pinpoint the culprit that was causing my machine to start acting up due to the MonaRonaDona virus.

I was able to fix the problem and here is how.

The virus installs an executable SRVSPOOL.EXE in the startup folder of the all users account. Click Start/Programs/Startup, right click the SRVSPOOL.EXE entry and delete it. How to fix the header of your Internet explorer and how to re-enable taskmanager, is posted in numerous postings online.

Re-enable Task Manager: Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP
    Go to this page and try #51 from the right column. Click on "enable the task
    manager."

Modify header of Internet explorer: How do i get rid of monaronadona on top bar of my homepage? - Yahoo! Answers
    (optionally, you can manually type "Microsoft Internet Explorer" to replace the string "MonaRonaDona".

After that, reboot your machine.

The virus puts a message on the screen. Aside from that, the task manager is disabled, the header of Internet Explorer is modified and when trying to open programs, those programs are shut down immediately.

Whatever you do, do NOT download and install the virus scanner named UniGray. That "scanner" is a scam, a non-working piece of software. The website tries to get you to register and pay for something that does nothing.

Hope this info helps those who come across this virus. It seems to be a brand new occurence given the lack of solutions found on the Internet.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:08 AM
  • I've marked the manual solution as the answer to this thread and made the links within the post with the exe and rar file non-working - download them at your own tisk.

The official response for this problem if you are a OneCare user:

Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 1:07 AM
  •  

Okay, I found something to use.  The MonaRonaDona is a Hijack virus.  Using Micro Trend free HijackThis 2.0.2, and finding the c:\programdata\ . . . \SRVSPOOL.exe,. you can remove and file that file.

This was on Vista Home Preminum Edition.

More Informaton:

Using HijackThis 2.0.2  remove the following:  http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20082590-MonaRonaDona-virus

MonaRonaDona "virus"?

What is up with this new one that seems to have hit many in the last week: »groups.google.com/groups/search?···=d&hl=en

It looks like you could use HijackThis to stop this one:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = MonaRonaDona
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [.NET.] \FUD.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: SRVSPOOL.exe

It appears to be linked somehow with "UniGray Antivirus", but in what way is unclear. It is clearly extortion-ware, offering on the user's screen: "Welcome to MonaRonaDona; hi, my name is Mona RonaDona. i am a virus& i am here to Wreck Your PC."
    --
    ============
    MS-MVP 2004 - -2008, ASAP Member
    Users Helping Users

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:59 AM

All replies

• Yeah i have that On my cOmputer tOo, i have nO idea hOw tO get rid thOu.. sOrrie i nO nO help.

x

Friday, February 29, 2008 7:14 PM
  • =========================================
    I am a Software Developer. I confronted this MonaRonaDona virus & due to lack of information on internet about it, I have myself diagnosed & developed this simple application to remove the MonaRonaDona virus. Simply download the following exe & press the “Remove MonaRonaDona” button & It will clean your PC from MonaRonaDOna. If you manage to get your PC clean, please do remember me in your prayers :-)

You can download the “free monaronadona remover” from:

http://rapidshare.com/files/95966868/RemoveMonaRonaDona.exe

OR shrinked RAR version

http://rapidshare.com/files/95964607/RemoveMonaRonaDona.rar (small in size but you will need winrar to extract the exe)
    =========================================

Friday, February 29, 2008 7:22 PM
  • Thank you very much for the exe

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:45 PM
  • You are most certainly in MY prayers.  Thanks so much.  It worked perfectly.

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:06 PM
  •  

You are definitely in my prayers. This worked perfect!!!  I wish I could do things like that. You are a smart man.

Thank You very much

Dorie

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:43 PM
  • omg fank yhuu so much it got rid of it within 2 seconds

ur guna be in my prayers everyday mate

xxxxxx

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:49 PM
  • yes, it popped up aabout an hour ago

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:25 PM
  • don't use that.  its from out of th country and dangerous

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:26 PM
  • Am going to try this, my sister has this on her computer. Does any one know where this came from ?

Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:05 AM
  • Ok and just how is it dangerous?  Making a statement like that without giving a reason is just foolishness. What makes this "fix" dangerous? Please explain in detail. Thanks.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:07 AM
  • NEVER download executables and DON'T pay any money to anyone to get this problem resolved.  Despite what anybody says (the people that did this are actually posting responses to my postings as if I am wrong!) read the following carefully and check your machine to confirm that I am right.  Fix once you have confirmed what I describe below.

Despite lack of information on the Internet, I was able to pinpoint the culprit that was causing my machine to start acting up due to the MonaRonaDona virus.

I was able to fix the problem and here is how.

The virus installs an executable SRVSPOOL.EXE in the startup folder of the all users account. Click Start/Programs/Startup, right click the SRVSPOOL.EXE entry and delete it. How to fix the header of your Internet explorer and how to re-enable taskmanager, is posted in numerous postings online.

Re-enable Task Manager: Troubleshooting Windows XP, Tweaks and Fixes for Windows XP
    Go to this page and try #51 from the right column. Click on "enable the task
    manager."

Modify header of Internet explorer: How do i get rid of monaronadona on top bar of my homepage? - Yahoo! Answers
    (optionally, you can manually type "Microsoft Internet Explorer" to replace the string "MonaRonaDona".

After that, reboot your machine.

The virus puts a message on the screen. Aside from that, the task manager is disabled, the header of Internet Explorer is modified and when trying to open programs, those programs are shut down immediately.

Whatever you do, do NOT download and install the virus scanner named UniGray. That "scanner" is a scam, a non-working piece of software. The website tries to get you to register and pay for something that does nothing.

Hope this info helps those who come across this virus. It seems to be a brand new occurence given the lack of solutions found on the Internet.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:08 AM
  • it is apparently a marketing ploy to get you to buy a specific anti virus software. It appears to be linked to this software developer, it is malware, making you buy something that essentially does nothing. Further research will show it is somehow linked to Unigray antivirus who just hapens to have a fix for it conveniently enough. Looks and smells like a marketing ploy. I could be mistaken but everything I've read ponts to that end. Cheers!
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 12:12 AM
  • I've marked the manual solution as the answer to this thread and made the links within the post with the exe and rar file non-working - download them at your own tisk.

The official response for this problem if you are a OneCare user:

Follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 1:07 AM
  • thank you thank you thank you

Saturday, March 1, 2008 2:40 AM
  • HI THIS WORKED RIGHT AWAY. I ONLY HAD THE VIRUS FOR ONE DAY BUT EVERYTHING WAS SLOWING DOWN NOW ALL IS WELL     THANK'S YOUR IN MY PRAYERS THATS FOR SURE.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 5:53 PM
  •  

J. Hilton, thanks so much!!! that was so quick. You will definitely be  in my prayers.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 8:53 PM
  • Thankyou sooo much J Hilton I'd been downloading and allsorts trying to get rid of it.  You're totally flippin' mint and definately in my prayers!

Big Smile

KT

Saturday, March 1, 2008 11:03 PM
  • i had this virus on my computer,and i just got rid of it in less then a minute using this rapidshare file.this is easy and fast!!

even my taskmanager started working again and my IE header is back to normal without any additional steps.thanx a lot dude for your help!i suggest this to everyone having this virus on their computer.it's simple as 1 2 3!

Sunday, March 2, 2008 6:56 AM
  • thank you soo much. You are definatly going to be in my prayers mate. love you. all the best in the world. thaks again.
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 1:21 PM
  • PRAYERS SENT  !!!!  THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
    Sunday, March 2, 2008 1:30 PM
  • please help........got this thing on vista and i have been trying to renove it!! tried all the hints and still no luck.also now when u start my computer it says too log on ...ctrl+alt+delete?? its driving me crazy

Sunday, March 2, 2008 3:46 PM
  • I saw a post here that helped to get rid of this virus
    Get rid of Monaronadona Virus Here

http://www.xomba.com/monaronadona_monaronadona_virus_get_rid_of_monaronadona_virus_antivirus

It also had suggestions to install an antivirus to prevent future attacks

Sunday, March 2, 2008 5:31 PM
  • Despite the attempts by first time posters here trying to lead you to buy the rogue "UniGray Antivirus" or urging you to try unknown, un-tested, and non-permanent solutions, you should do neither. 

Instead, follow Steven Boots' suggestion to contact OneCare support, or else use the REPUTABLE fix here by Bill Castner if you're not a OneCare user:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20088377-Re-MonaRonaDona-virus

Sunday, March 2, 2008 6:12 PM
  • we tried to delete that file but won't because it says that it is being used by Window at the moment and can't be deleted, plz help

Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:06 PM
  • Thanks ......

It's work. Now my PC is clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Best regards,

Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Thanks.........

Now my PC is CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Best regards,

Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:36 PM
  • HELP I tried to delete..."Click Start/Programs/Startup, right click the SRVSPOOL.EXE entry and delete it"

but it says acsses denied HELP WHAT do I do HELP HELP I just got this pc WHY ME..... ><

0

Sunday, March 2, 2008 10:42 PM
  • yeah i have the exact same thing it wont go away!! how do i remove that *** for free? i jus bought spy sweeper today and it didnt help wit the virus . im so frustrated !

Sunday, March 2, 2008 11:11 PM
  • How can I get rid of this virus?

Monday, March 3, 2008 3:26 AM
  •  

I wish I could give you a good answer, but I can't.   What I found out is that the is in the Startup Menu down a long chain of directories starting at C:\programdata\ . . .  \Start Menu, and the file is SRVSPOOL.exe.  Even as Adminstrator rights I cannot delete it nor erase using either commands.  Microsoft Support, please step up and give us some direction.  You current virus definitions are not cutting it.
    Monday, March 3, 2008 4:24 AM
  •  

Okay, I found something to use.  The MonaRonaDona is a Hijack virus.  Using Micro Trend free HijackThis 2.0.2, and finding the c:\programdata\ . . . \SRVSPOOL.exe,. you can remove and file that file.

This was on Vista Home Preminum Edition.

More Informaton:

Using HijackThis 2.0.2  remove the following:  http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20082590-MonaRonaDona-virus

MonaRonaDona "virus"?

What is up with this new one that seems to have hit many in the last week: »groups.google.com/groups/search?···=d&hl=en

It looks like you could use HijackThis to stop this one:
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = MonaRonaDona
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [.NET.] \FUD.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: SRVSPOOL.exe

It appears to be linked somehow with "UniGray Antivirus", but in what way is unclear. It is clearly extortion-ware, offering on the user's screen: "Welcome to MonaRonaDona; hi, my name is Mona RonaDona. i am a virus& i am here to Wreck Your PC."
    --
    ============
    MS-MVP 2004 - -2008, ASAP Member
    Users Helping Users

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:59 AM
  • Thank you J Hilton! I tried other fixes, and nothing worked, including bcastner's. Yours did it, and it was free.
     God bless J Hilton!
    Monday, March 3, 2008 5:06 AM
  • You can also try this steps:

1. Go to Start/Run Type taskkill /im  SRVSPOOL.exe /f
    - MonaRonaDona will close
    2. Go to Start/My Computer/Local Disc C:/documents and settings/all users/start menu/programs/start up
    - Look for SRVSPOOL.exe and delete the file
    3. Restart the computer, verify if the lovely MonaRonaDona will still show up.

- Wenskie

Monday, March 3, 2008 5:45 AM
  • OMG please help me!!!I tried to delete the "SRVSPOOL",but it said Acces denied.Please help!!Any FREE software out ther?
    Monday, March 3, 2008 6:03 AM
  • I downloaded the software but when it came to removing MonaRonaDona an error message came up saying access denied.This virus is really annoying me now cos it ain't letting me sign in to my windows live messenger.Please can anyone help.

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:51 AM
  • You little star!  Worked a treat, thanks so much.

Monday, March 3, 2008 11:18 AM
  • Hi, Just fixed this problem with system restore. Would love to know how to get in touch of the pieces of sh*t that come up with this stuff. Do gooders are the idiots that are f*#king this world up. Tell me what religion or social group has really helped any one out in life without emotional blackmail, war, peadophilia or just in general have to blame someone else for their own mistakes. If any person wants to make this world a better place have a good hard look at yourself and stop blaming others. Sorry mate not having a go at you but just letting some steam off because these pricks that make these viruses etc don't let us get into there computers/heads so hoping they might read this.

Monday, March 3, 2008 11:27 AM
  • I friend got this on his PC - I downloaded your fix and it worked a treat.  Thanks.

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:01 PM
  • A co-worker had this on his PC this am. All I can say is that you should probably search more than just one thread to fix something on  your PC. Downloading something is not always going to be the answer. You could very well end up with something much worse than what you have.

Simple fix for VISTA users: Go to control panel, User accounts, make a new account (with admin controls), logoff and back on to new account, you will be able to delete the srvspool.exe from your startup folder at this point. The fix for the other things (explorer name and task bar) are already listed. Just log back into your account and you will see it is gone completely. Just to make sure though, I typed srvspool into registry to make sure no keys were left. If you type monaronadona into registry before deleting srvspool.exe you can delete the key that is hijacking your explorer name.

Please be careful what you download. There is usually a way to get rid of things without downloading more potential problems.

(In no way am I saying that any of the offered fixes on this page are potential problems, just that they "could" be)

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:50 PM
  • Thank you so much, was originally nervous about downloading the exe. but it worked a treat.

Regards from Wales

Monday, March 3, 2008 8:21 PM
  • Thanks, it got rid of mona, and the task manager was enabled again.  However, I can't shut down the computer using Windows Start/Shutdown/.  It hangs so I have to shut off the power.  What do I do to get that fixed? 

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:33 PM
  • Dear J Hilton:

Thank you for the resource to get rid of this nasty.

I downloaded it, ran it and the MonaRonaDona immediately disappeared.

My Internet Security program (Panda) did not even see it.

Since I began this thread, I have been on the phone with Panda Tech Support and they still do not have an answer.

They are on it and expect a solution soon.

However, thanks to your advice, the problem is fixed and the customer is happy.

Thanks!

Al

Monday, March 3, 2008 9:44 PM
  •  J Hilton wrote:
    I am a Software Developer. I confronted this MonaRonaDona virus & due to lack of information on internet about it, I have myself diagnosed & developed this simple application to remove the MonaRonaDona virus. Simply download the following exe & press the “Remove MonaRonaDona” button & It will clean your PC from MonaRonaDOna. If you manage to get your PC clean, please do remember me in your prayers :-)

OR shrinked RAR version

http://rapidshare.com/files/95964607/RemoveMonaRonaDona.rar (small in size but you will need winrar to extract the exe)

I've just tried this and yes, it removes it instantly...however as soon as you restart your comp, there it is again.  As there isn't much info on 'tinternet at the moment I presume this "virus" is fairly new and no-one has come up with a "workable" solution as yet.  Advice would be not to download any freebies offering free download removables as yet as they only want your money.....apart from the rapidshare, but this one dont work folks!
    Monday, March 3, 2008 10:26 PM
  •  

A co-worker had this on his PC this am. All I can say is that you should probably search more than just one thread to fix something on  your PC. Downloading something is not always going to be the answer. You could very well end up with something much worse than what you have.

Simple fix for VISTA users: Go to control panel, User accounts, make a new account (with admin controls), logoff and back on to new account, you will be able to delete the srvspool.exe from your startup folder at this point. The fix for the other things (explorer name and task bar) are already listed. Just log back into your account and you will see it is gone completely. Just to make sure though, I typed srvspool into registry to make sure no keys were left. If you type monaronadona into registry before deleting srvspool.exe you can delete the key that is hijacking your explorer name.

Please be careful what you download. There is usually a way to get rid of things without downloading more potential problems.

(In no way am I saying that any of the offered fixes on this page are potential problems, just that they "could" be)

HELLO?? THIS WORKS AND IT IS EASY!

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:33 PM
  •  Well Mr J Hilton i tried your link to get rid of the annoying virus and it worked just like it did for everyone else who tried it.Prior to the infection of the virus to my pc, i believe the spool..etc thingy was lingering around on my computer before it actually went into full effect.Im not very sure how all this hacking/virus/spyware *** works, but is it possible that somehow when the monaronadona virus infected my computer that it opened up a gateway passage to somehow enable the host to gain acess to confidential information, like bank account info or just any confidential info at that? I'm also curious if its not too rude to ask what software company do you work for? i'm curious because your method actually worked, and various other tatics that i found on the net did nothing.Being that, plain and simple, you got some brains amigo, is there any anti-virus software that you've developed or anything by the software company you represent?any website referances? Thanks for looking out for people...if you get the chance to reply reach me at chewthebacon@aol.com(nospam)

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1:23 AM
  • thank you it has gone Smile but now i cant get rid of microsoft.net framework message it says

an unhandled exception has occured in a componant in your application. click continue an aplication will ignore this error and attempt to continue. object reference not set to an instance of an object.

i havent pressed continue because it hought it might of had some thing to do with that monaronadona thing because it only started coming up when that virius did, any help???????????????

an thank you again for the romoval of that babbing monaronadona

: )
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 12:46 PM
  • thank you ever so much : ) i aslo used removemonaronadona thing off this site, do u think it has completly left my computer now?????
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 1:17 PM
  •  J Hilton wrote:

Thank you sooooo much!!  I have tried everything and you were the answer to my prayers.

OR shrinked RAR version

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 4:02 PM
  • J Hilton is the solution to this "MonaRonaDona". I spent three hours looking on the net. I was about to but a program from PC Tools, a name I have used before, but was hoping to find a solution on my own. From that search I hear, the Unigray Anti Virus might be the cause of this virus, mainly as a selling point. The company seems to be very new, and possibly the ones that recomends them, are they themselves, promoting an item that does not work for monetorial gain. STAY AWAY FROM UNIGRAY!!! Trust me the fix that this dear person, J Hilton created is the fix. It worked in seconds. I am sooo pleased and will truly pray for this person.

Very happy person right now!

J Jacques

Tuesday, March 4, 2008 11:07 PM
  • Hello...and thanks for all your great help and information. Unfortunately MonaRonaDona,is just a 'fixed' popup on my screen, has been there for 3 days.    Following your advice, I was doing greta, but was unable to click on the download button, as the fixed 'popup' was in the way.

If you can offer any further help, it would be appreciated.   Thanks anyway.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:06 PM
  • Wednesday, March 5, 2008 3:58 PM
  • This guy is a lifesaver. (: After I downloaded his file, I was able to delete SRVXPOOl or whatever it was called with ease, so thanks so much! (: x
    Wednesday, March 5, 2008 4:06 PM
  • thankyou, i use my works pc and have never encountered a virus before therefore very pleased to have it sorted fairly easily, cheers

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 6:10 PM
  • just sent you a message of thanks, I'm not retracting this, just a query; I got rid of the virus and logged off, when I went back on comp, virus appeared again, I've since removed it again. I was wondering if this was normal and if there's anything else i should do to prevent this?

Wednesday, March 5, 2008 7:14 PM
  • so hey ppl i tried the program below, it removes the box right then but oncei restart it...guess wat..its back guys...HELP PLSSSSSS
    Thursday, March 6, 2008 1:48 AM
  • Officially (since this is the OneCare forum):

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 10:33 PM
  • Drag the .exe file from startup to your desktop. You still can't delete it from there, (I didn't have permissions, but I own and run the freaking machine), but if you run registry fix out of CCleaner, it tells you there is a problem with the location of the file.  Hit fix, and the file is deleted and so is the note on your screen.  Good idea to run some antispyware, antimalware and virus scans after. 

Saturday, March 8, 2008 12:29 AM
  • THANKYOU it worked and monaronadona dissapeared. wahay
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 3:48 PM
  • glad to help, all is well with my machine.  I really don't think it's a virus, but not sure what to label it.  fyi - if you have the MonaRonaDona text in your Internet Explorer bar, run regedit.exe and go to  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main and find Window Title, double click and edit the text in the text string back to Windows Internet Explorer or whatever you want.  And make sure Malware protection is turned on in your Windows Security.

Saturday, March 8, 2008 11:07 PM
  • Thank you so much!!!! I have tried Anti Virus and Spyware with no luck on either. Thanks to you MonaRonaDona is no longer on my computer!! You will be remembered in my prayers!   God Bless!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008 9:42 PM
  • Thanks for your information. It worked. After spending many hours in contact with my internet security provider-'Trend'- to remove the monaronadona virus and without success your solution resolved the problem in minutes. May your life be blessed.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 11:19 PM
  • Thanks Steve. 

For those wanting more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Entry.aspx?ThreatId=-2147364803 

If present, the Windows Live OneCare product will detect it.  Be wary of downloaded from unknown sources.  Be wary of messages indicating 'success' from posters with zero history.

Thanks

-Eddy

Thursday, April 3, 2008 4:17 AM
  • I HAVE A PROMBLEMS WELCOME TOmONARONADONE RAUNING MYCOMPUTER VIRUS I CAN NOT GET HELP ONLINEI FIND R1HKLML/RUN(NET) EXP

MICROSOF/INTERNETEXPLORMAINWINDOW MANA RONADONA

04 GLOBL STATUPSEVSPOOL I DO UNDERSTING HOW CAN WORKIN ONLINE I HAVE TO MUCH PROMBLEMS RIGHT SIND SEE THEMY COMPUTERSCREEN RIGHT SIND WELCOME  TO MONARONADONA I CAN NOT REMONE

MY COMPUTER SCREEN.CAN YOU REOMEN MY COMPUTER  I NEED YOU HELP THANKS

Friday, April 4, 2008 10:14 PM
  •  bhatia34 wrote:

I HAVE A PROMBLEMS WELCOME TOmONARONADONE RAUNING MYCOMPUTER VIRUS I CAN NOT GET HELP ONLINEI FIND R1HKLML/RUN(NET) EXP

MICROSOF/INTERNETEXPLORMAINWINDOW MANA RONADONA

04 GLOBL STATUPSEVSPOOL I DO UNDERSTING HOW CAN WORKIN ONLINE I HAVE TO MUCH PROMBLEMS RIGHT SIND SEE THEMY COMPUTERSCREEN RIGHT SIND WELCOME  TO MONARONADONA I CAN NOT REMONE

MY COMPUTER SCREEN.CAN YOU REOMEN MY COMPUTER  I NEED YOU HELP THANKS

If  you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 

http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

Saturday, April 5, 2008 12:32 AM
  • Steve,

Will this solution work on a Laptop running Windows XP? I'm asking this because my mom had got this Monaronadona Virus by connecting her laptop to a different Modem.

Could she have gotten it through the Modem that she was connected to at that time? Because as soon as she tried to log onto the internet the virus had popped up. And you know the rest, it's just like everyone had described.

I just hope that when I talk to my mom later on today that I can walk her through this and help her out so that she won't have to take her laptop in anywhere.

I do appreciate any input that you might have on this.

Thank You,

Veronica Aka "Roni-45"

Monday, April 21, 2008 9:40 AM
  • I suggest going to http://safety.live.com and performing a scan there, Veronica, if your Mom is not using OneCare.

-steve

Monday, April 21, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Thank you for the information..........I am not a computer lit person at all.  I followed your directions in regards to clicking on the start folder and programs/start but i do not see any files that say  SRVSPOOL.EXE .  Please help...

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:13 PM
  •  LENA JAY wrote:

Thank you for the information..........I am not a computer lit person at all.  I followed your directions in regards to clicking on the start folder and programs/start but i do not see any files that say  SRVSPOOL.EXE .  Please help...

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If  you are not using Windows Live OneCare, you are off topic for this forum. This is not a general forum for viruses, spyware, or Windows Help. For help with spyware issues, you may want to try the forums here: 

http://aumha.net/ For help with virus removal, contact the maker of your Antivirus program.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Thank you so much! I downloaded the fix and it repaired the problem with my PC's task manager IMMEDIATELY. Thanks for your help and let me add the following:
    • "The Toungue of the wise uses knowledge a right......." Proverbs 15:2.  
    • "A wholesome tongue (and mind) is a tree of life" Proverbs 15:4.
    Again than you so much for your assistance and wisdom and may God Bless You and you will be in my and my family's prayers always. 

Ken
    Friday, January 2, 2009 8:04 PM