Office Genuine Advantage - Diagnostics RRS feed

• Question

• I have run the Office Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool on a computer that had Office Enterprise 2007 pre-installed by the supplier, and would like to know....

(1) How can I use the report to determine the date that Office 2007 was installed on this computer?

(2) How can I use the report to determine the name of the company that the Office 2007 volume license key was issued to?

(3) The report shows the "Office Status" as "103 Blocked VLK "; what does that status mean? 

(4) Is it possible that I am getting a "Blocked VLK" message on software that is actually genuine / authentic?

Thanks for the advice.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 1:20 AM

Answers

• If Office Enterprise 2007 was pre-installed by the supplier on a new computer, it is well apparent the software is counterfeit.   Office Enterprise 2007 is a Volume License version mainly sold to business enterprises, can only be purchased with a minimum of five (5) licenses, and does not require product activation.  The vast majority of computer suppliers will install OEM versions of Microsoft Office only.

If someone installed a copy of Office Enterprise 2007 on a single computer and then sold it, the Volume License agreement becomes invalid.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:04 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:06 AM

All replies

• If Office Enterprise 2007 was pre-installed by the supplier on a new computer, it is well apparent the software is counterfeit.   Office Enterprise 2007 is a Volume License version mainly sold to business enterprises, can only be purchased with a minimum of five (5) licenses, and does not require product activation.  The vast majority of computer suppliers will install OEM versions of Microsoft Office only.

If someone installed a copy of Office Enterprise 2007 on a single computer and then sold it, the Volume License agreement becomes invalid.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:04 PM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 3:06 AM
  • Carey -

Thank you for your comment.

Can I obtain the date that Office was installed, to eliminate the seller's claim that I installed the software?

Can I obtain the name of the corporate customer to whom the volume license was issued, to show that it was not the computer seller?

Thanks!
    Monday, October 26, 2009 1:58 PM
  • You can open Windows Explorer to find the Office installation date:  Programs > Microsoft Office and right-click on the folder for Properties > Date Created
    I don't think Microsoft will release the name of the entity that owned the Volume License originally, out of privacy concerns.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 26, 2009 2:10 PM
  • I don't think Microsoft will release the name of the entity that owned the Volume License originally, out of privacy concerns.
    Carey Frisch

That is correct, however, even if it is the Seller's VLK key, as carey mentione, Volume License Agreements does not allow for the resale of Volume License Keys.

Darin MS
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:04 PM