off topic - Lost Activation Code RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just called 1-888-652-2342 to get help regarding a lost activation code.  Here's some detail: I purchased Office Home and Student 2007 at Staples on Hackensack Avenue, Hackensack, NJ on the afternoon of February 14, 2008.  The software was for my son, a student at a nearby college.  I had come to town to care for him while he was sick with the flu and this software was a parting Valentines Day gift.

I left the product with him and he did not even attempt to install it for a few weeks.  Then he did install it, with the help of his roommate.  He had not realized the product activation code was necessary and the roommate did---so it was installed successfully.  Unfortunately, following the installation, my son still did not realize it was important and he discarded the code.  I guess he thought he wouldn't ever need it again.

Now, we want to install that same software on his home computer and he can only manage a trial installation without the code. When I called the above number, they said I needed to contact the retailer.  I did send them the info regarding date of purchase, approximate amount ($150.00 or so), even the approximate time of purchase, thinking they can locate the sale on that store's cash register input.  I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Now, a friend just told me that Microsoft will provide the activation code for me.  I really want to accomplish this as soon as possible. Can you help?

Thanks.

Sunday, April 6, 2008 4:12 PM

All replies