none
Issue with minified CSS file?

Question

• Using Web Essentials to bundle and minify two CSS files for a Twitter Bootstrap framework website. When I include just the min.css file in my website header, some of the styles from the second CSS file are not getting picked up. For example, the .btn-default:hover styles are only getting read from the first CSS file included in the min.css file, but not the second file (which should override the first styles). Any tips on how to troubleshoot this kind of an issue?
    • Moved by Tina-Shi Monday, September 22, 2014 10:36 AM the issue is a off-topic thread
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Kristen,

>> I will try and troubleshoot the issue further, and perhaps post to the other forum you suggest.

Thank you for your support of our work.

According to your description, we have been discussed with the Web Essentials related experts. Since there have special experts support this issue, so I suggest you can also submit a discussion Q AND A in the Web Essentials.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kristen Hilley Monday, September 22, 2014 12:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Kristen,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

You know that this forum is to discuss the VS IDE issue, I am afraid that the issue is out of support of Visual Studio General Forum.

As you said the CSS file issue, I suggest you could ask the issue directly on the HTML, CSS and JavaScript forum, it would better support it.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Friday, September 12, 2014 10:50 AM
    Friday, September 12, 2014 10:49 AM
  • Hi Tina,

Thank you for your reply. I did not know that this forum is just for VS IDE issues - rather I thought it was for general issues with VS. Upon submitting my question I had a hard time determining which forum to submit to.

From the issue I'm having, I can't tell if it is from VS, the Web Essentials utility, or the minified CSS file generated by Web Essentials. I will try and troubleshoot the issue further, and perhaps post to the other forum you suggest.

Thank you,

Kristen

Friday, September 12, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi Kristen,

>> I will try and troubleshoot the issue further, and perhaps post to the other forum you suggest.

Thank you for your support of our work.

According to your description, we have been discussed with the Web Essentials related experts. Since there have special experts support this issue, so I suggest you can also submit a discussion Q AND A in the Web Essentials.

Best Regards,

• Edited by Tina-Shi Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kristen Hilley Monday, September 22, 2014 12:39 PM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:10 AM